Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302014 times)

gpzbc

I think you might be missing something.  I use BubbleUPnP and am able to browse my music folder.

ganymede2314

Will playback of music over DLNA be reflected in the playback statistics such as Play Count and Last Played?  With the Playstation 4 getting DLNA support i'd love to have it pull from my MusicBee library for background music while gaming. 

Steven

• Administrator
if playing to the device from MB then yes.
If playing from the device using MB as a server then no

deroby

FYI: works nicely with my Yamaha HTR-4065 using default plugin settings (GenericDevice)

*1* Trying to play from MB GUI to the Yamaha:
* Player output recognized Yamaha device (although it seems I needed to restart MB after I started up the Yamaha; maybe I was impatient?)
* Yamaha needs to be set to NET/SERVER first otherwise pressing Play in MB will result in error
* Yamaha front shows what's playing
* I can do Previous/Pause/Play/Next from the remote control on the Yamaha
* I can do Previous/Pause/Play/Next as well as change the current postition in the track from the MB GUI

*2* The other way around
* The Yamaha shows MusicBeel Media in the list of DLNA servers
* I can browse around my music library
* Yamaha front shows what's playing
* I can do Previous/Pause/Play/Next from the remote control on the Yamaha
* The MB GUI does not show me what's being played, but in a way that's normal I think

The only thing that was kind of strange was that to go from test 1 to test 2 I needed to tell the MB GUI to STOP playing. Otherwise it would overrule the song I chose in test 2 with the one that was playing in test 1. It would then start playing "song 2" and after 2 seconds jump back to "song 1" that was being played by the MB GUI.

Thank you so much for adding this!

deroby

One small hiccup: it seems that when playing radio streams the music stops after a short time. I'm not sure if this an issue with MB or my AVR; it's known for being picky =)

e.g.: when I add http://bbcwssc.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcwssc_mp1_ws-eieuk to the radio stations it plays for about 20-30 seconds and then simply stops.

Weird. Does MB 'read' the stream, optionally transcodes it and then sends a 'new' stream to the renderer device? Or does it simply pass the original URL and let the AVR figure it out?

fkm

Has anyone been able to get this working with Sonos players? eg output to Sonos player?

Have set the player output to my Sonos but files not playing...

Ronin47

This plugin makes an already amazing music player unbeatable  ;D

One quick question i am using it to stream to android devices i can see and access the music easy enough, can browse by artist, album etc.

Is it possible to have a browse by folder option ? , its just i store new stuff in a folder and find browsing by folder easier.

Cheers Again

SporkMaster

Apologies if this has been solved but I read most of the thread and didn't see anything. I'm trying to get playback to work on my Xbox 360, and the 360 can see my MB server just fine and fetches all the tags and displays all my artists and songs, but playback won't work and the Xbox reports that "the format is unsupported" for any song I try to play. Any guesses to point me in the right direction?

(I can use BubbleUPnP and force playback, but it's a bit slow and kind of a roundabout way of doing it so I'd prefer not to if possible.)

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think anyone ever confirmed xbox worked ok - it requires special treatment. Unfortunately i dont have any time for the next few months. If you are still interested, check back around November and i can create a debug version to figure out whats going on

DeMeul

Hi Steven,

I am using MB for playing music locally on laptop and PC's.
Having an audio set connected to a RaspBerry Pi with RASPBMC installed, I use FB as the DLNA controller.
An other audio set is connected to an ACRyan set (PlayOn HD) which has an embedded renderer that is working okay with FB.
I would like to use MB for that purpose because I prefer MB over FB, but when trying I get the message "unable to start playback (error=BASS_OK)".
I have the latest version of MB and the UPnP plugin installed and read all the posts about it.
Please advice.

You may find the log and settings in:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/msbmy5d9xg33dis/AABpjz8aW3kRDqE23Sbl81Nia?dl=0

The log will show the succesful connection to the Pi and a couple of attempts to use the ACRyan (RealtekVOD renderer).
Last.fm is not being used.

Thanks in advance,

Ton

RealPetChicken

Hi Steven,

I am using MB for playing music locally on laptop and PC's.
Having an audio set connected to a RaspBerry Pi with RASPBMC installed, I use FB as the DLNA controller.
An other audio set is connected to an ACRyan set (PlayOn HD) which has an embedded renderer that is working okay with FB.
I would like to use MB for that purpose because I prefer MB over FB, but when trying I get the message "unable to start playback (error=BASS_OK)".
I have the latest version of MB and the UPnP plugin installed and read all the posts about it.
Please advice.

You may find the log and settings in:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/msbmy5d9xg33dis/AABpjz8aW3kRDqE23Sbl81Nia?dl=0

The log will show the succesful connection to the Pi and a couple of attempts to use the ACRyan (RealtekVOD renderer).
Last.fm is not being used.

Thanks in advance,

Ton

I have used it on my Xbox one and let me tell you it is better than windows media player dlna. Musicbee dlna is faster, and actually has genres in folders for different albums.

DeMeul

Hi RealPetChicken,

No doubt: MB (and FB) are much better than Windows Media Player.
But having my music collection stored on a NAS, WMP can not be used since it only accepts its library locally.
WMP is supporting DLNA only partionally.

Ton

Kazatan

The second link (mediafire plugin link) seems to be broken for me. Just a blank page. It could just be me I guess - can anyone confirm it's still working for them? Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
working fine for me - probably a temporary glitch

Kazatan

I've just tried it out at home and it's giving me a 401 - Unauthorized response. I don't know how mediafire works with it's sharing urls.