Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302082 times)

haydns

can this be used with chromecast ?
not getting it to see chrome cast device. ???

gpzbc

No. This is not Chromecast support (but that would be super cool!). But you can use an app called BubbleUPnP that allows your phone/tablet to play your MB library over your Chromecast.

weejake

steven so i got all working with my onkyo..... but now i have came across a problem which i dont know how the hell it could be related to the plugin but it seems to be..

i have a radio playlist with 8 radio stations on it.
when playing through the normal mode of pc speakers i can play these stations one at a time without any problems
when i use the plugin to stream to the onkyo ....and when i play any station to begin with , after a few seconds the station changes..and after a few more seconds it changes again.....its as if its on shuffle , which it isnt....
when i go back to the normal pc speakers mode...all is good again....

any ideas?

Steven

• Administrator
i have an idea but not sure when i can look at this - it might be a few days or a week or so

weejake

not a problem . steven
if you think you know what the problem is , thats fine
i thought my configurations were messed up but the more i looked the more i was certain they weren't any different

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce the same issues with playing a station from a playlist to a device. I can see a bug where its unnecessarily forcing transcoding to PCM when a station is played so i will look to fix that.
Does it work if you add the station to the Radio section of MB and play it from there?

holuschi

It can handle normal Flac and MP3.

Hello Gendji, what did you do to play flac and mp3 on your Samsung TV?  I can see the Musicbee Library in the Samsung Link but Samsung Media Play does not play them.

Gendji

It can handle normal Flac and MP3.

Hello Gendji, what did you do to play flac and mp3 on your Samsung TV?  I can see the Musicbee Library in the Samsung Link but Samsung Media Play does not play them.

Hi, MB can send files to the Samsung TV (using TV as player in MB) for which i had to make changes in my firewall, but i still haven't figured out how to let the TV use MB. It sees the music, playlists etc. but nothing happens when i try to use them.

The changes in the firewall where making an exception for MB, but also for the port used by the plugin.

holuschi

I can play my Music Bee Library on my Samsung TV with the Samsunng Link now and can see tags and album cover. I do not know what really was the point, this is what I did: I installed AllShare software for my specific Samsung model from the Samsung internet site on my PC (I think for newer Samsung models the software is PC-Share Manager). On the left side of the Allshare software I can see my shared devices: it is MusicBee Media Library with all the subfolders and my NAS where I have stord my music files. I took some time until I could see all the subfolders.
Some problems occur, if I restart MusicBee on my PC althouth the connection is established according to Allshare, my Samsung TV cannot play Music Bee library as long as I restart the TV. It works!

weejake

i cant reproduce the same issues with playing a station from a playlist to a device. I can see a bug where its unnecessarily forcing transcoding to PCM when a station is played so i will look to fix that.
Does it work if you add the station to the Radio section of MB and play it from there?

hi, steven. as i said i had created a playlist called "myradio" with 8 radio stations within it.
this is where my trouble lies............
So i have done what you suggested and created a new radio station list and added the 8 stations within the radio section of MB.
and started streaming to the onkyo....

the problem is now that they all stop playing after 5 secs
also any station in the wma format wont play at all

many thanks
Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:49:06 PM by weejake

Steven

• Administrator
unzip and place in the Plugins folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8oqz833v9z364da/mb_Upnp.zip

just a small update with a new option to override the artwork size. Default value is 160px which is the UPnP standard for thumbnails. If you make it bigger then some devices might not support that size.

gpzbc

hiccup

I tried the latest plugin version with my Squeezebox.
There is no improvement from the previous versions.

MP3 plays fine, FLAC still gives the silence/noise-bursts problem.
EQ off, RG off, Fade in/out off.

Error log pm'ed

Steven

• Administrator
the log doesnt indicate anything around what i thought the issue could be so the mystery remains. If anyone reading this also has a squeezebox device, it will be helpful to know how well the plugin works

phred

• Global Moderator
@hiccup - I understand you're using SB Classic.  I'm using a Touch and a Radio, but more importantly, I'm using Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.1 - 1418369688.  When I turn on my Samsung DVD player, both MusicBee and Squeezebox appear as server choices.  And both are working well.  FWIW, I'm only using MP3 tracks, no FLAC. 

Have you poked around the Sqeezebox Forums?  http://forums.slimdevices.com/index.php
I entered 'dlna' as a search term and got eight pages of hits.  Of course most are dealing with using LMS as the server.  But there might be something in there that's the key to the issue.

If I were to disable the LMS DLNA server, how do I set up one of my devices to use MB?  Then I could report back on whether or not it's working here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here