Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302069 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
PLEASE NOTE: Steven, the developer of this plugin (and of MB) no longer has the time to spend on further development or support of the plugin. He has made the source code available for anyone who wants to continue development. It is available here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Thibault

• Carpe Diem
Hi,
when I start playing an album in UPNP on my Cambridge CXNV2 player, the reading stops at the end of the 1st track. Can you tell me how to make the album play continuously.
Best regards
Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 04:25:36 PM by Thibault

phred

• Global Moderator
If you're referring to the DLNA/UPNP plugin for MB, it is no longer supported. While you may get an answer from a fellow user, there will be no further updates or fixes to the plugin.

I have moved your question to the plugin's thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Thibault

• Carpe Diem
The UPNP / DLNA plugin works well on all my devices (Panasonic, Sonos ...), I can also perfectly listen to my music on my Cambridge CXNV2 player. The only little thing is that I have to play the next song every time. Do you think this is really due to a UPNP / DLNA plugin malfunction?

hiccup

The UPNP / DLNA plugin works well on all my devices (Panasonic, Sonos ...), I can also perfectly listen to my music on my Cambridge CXNV2 player. The only little thing is that I have to play the next song every time. Do you think this is really due to a UPNP / DLNA plugin malfunction?

If you would have made a little effort to read a bit through the thread, you would have found that the answer is yes.

hiccup

One of the reasons people keep asking questions on the forum about problems with the UPnP plugin could be that the plugins add-ons page makes no mention at all that the plugin is known to have issues for many users, but they won't be addressed since development of the plugin has been stopped.

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/11/upnp-dlna-device-support/

The readme even invites users to send log files when they experience problems…

The Incredible Boom Boom

The plugin generally works very well on my devices too. Sometimes many songs will play and then at the end of a song, I'll have to manually go to the next track. I've been meaning to look into the source code for the plugin, but... time.

Thibault

• Carpe Diem
Hi,
Too bad !!!! a nice audio player that works almost perfectl..... but not in UPNP mode, annoying. Having to press play at the end of each song to play an album ;-( Does anyone use a Cambridge CXNV2 or 851N reader with MB ? I would like to hear your opinion and the solutions you found.
Regards
Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:53:04 PM by Thibault

johnnyboy

:)
Yes I have a CXN (not V2) and I to am frustrated that this is not being developed anymore. I don't have your problem with playing tracks. Here is a screenshot of my settings .
https://i.imgur.com/SGAasQL.png
the only problem i had was gapless playback. I solved this by using a prog called  tuneblade in conjunction with MB. Its a bit complex to set up but it does work. you may be able to solve your problem by using tuneblade.

Thibault

• Carpe Diem
Hi,
thank for your answer.
Can you give me some informations to use tuneblade with MB.
Regards

Thibault

• Carpe Diem
Hi,
even with your settings the problem does not change. Surprising because CXNV and CXNV2 are similar.
Regards

Macflar

Hi There,
CXN V1 user here, once I also had the "one track" played issue, and my solution was to downgrade the CXN firmware, as nothing other than that changed before the error occurred, actually i was into the beta firmware mode, so i simply switched back to normal firmware, it downgraded itself, and all worked fine again.
I hope it helps

foresland

Hi! I have MB with plugin streaming to reciever Yamaha WXAD-10. FLAC 16/44kHz is playing well, but Hi-res (24/96-192 kHz) is transcoding to PCM 48kHz despite the settings in plugin. Can you help me?

Night_Thastus

I recently had to re-flash my Raspberry Pi with Volumio. Previously, it worked great and I controlled my music from my desktop with musicbee. However, now Musicbee cannot see the Pi as an output device. The Pi can see my library, but not the other way around.

I wish I remember how I got this working originally.

I am perfectly aware this plugin is no longer being officially maintained. However, I don't think it suddenly broke for no reason, so I just wanted help from anyone still using it.

Here's the output log:

0; 1 Initialise - 2022-02-09 05:42:00 PM
46; 2 GetNetworkAddresses - 192.168.1.41,dns=True,name=Ethernet 2,speed=1000000000
46; 3 GetNetworkAddresses - 192.168.56.1,dns=True,name=VirtualBox Host-Only Network,speed=1000000000
46; 4 GetNetworkAddresses - 127.0.0.1,dns=False,name=Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1,speed=1073741824
47; 5 GetNetworkAddresses - http://192.168.1.41:49382
69; 6 ProcessMessage 192.168.1.150 - device 'uuid:7dde1d06-6d37-1e31-0080-0005cdab2342:Denon AVR-X2400H',valid=True

For some reason it sees my Denon, even though it's not on. And it doesn't see the Volumio, which has IP ending in .175

UPDATE:

Looks like Volumio temporarily disabled that feature in 3.198 until they can fix something.

https://community.volumio.org/t/after-last-update-no-longer-network-upnp-dac-over-audirvana/53705
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497303888857268235/941133693349666836/unknown.png

So not an issue with the plugin! :)
Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:54:54 AM by Night_Thastus

DarthVader1950

This plug in found all of my Sonos speakers, running in DJ mode it goes from song to song with just a small gap.  So far anyway.