Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302180 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I wrote about this. But owner Steven doesn't care
I've edited your post to delete your uncalled for language.

And overall your comment is completely uncalled for. How much did you pay for the software? And MB isn't developed by a company. Of which Steven is not the owner. MB is developed by one person, Steven, who does this in his spare time and asks for nothing in return.

If you don't like the software, no one is forcing you to use it.
Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:15:00 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Possessed

Who are you to lecture me? Steven is a sacred cow? Many users have this problem but Steven does not answer.This is ok?

hiccup

Who are you to lecture me? Steven is a sacred cow? Many users have this problem but Steven does not answer.This is ok?

Yes, he can do whatever he likes; it's his software, it's his forum.
He, and nobody else here owes you anything at all.

Well, maybe we owe you a lecture.

hiccup

This new faith or church?

Nope. Just common decency, a bit of respect, and perhaps some appreciation and gratitude.

Steering to on-topic:

Concerning the UPnP plugin, if you would search and read this thread a bit better, you will find plenty of information why this plugin is problematic for many users, and why development is on a hold.

Also understand that this is only an optional plugin, it's not an integrated part of MusicBee itself.

Anybody with coding talent and interest has been welcomed to help working on the plugin to possibly improve it.
Nobody has offered to help with it as yet.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am one of the moderators of this forum. One of the responsibilities is to keep things civil. Which you are not doing. As hiccup said, read the entire thread and maybe you'll understand the situation better.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Havokdan

Perhaps it is the case of editing the first post of the topic making it clear the status of the plugin.

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps it is the case of editing the first post of the topic making it clear the status of the plugin.
That's a great idea. I'll make sure Steven sees this and ask him how he wants to handle it.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Please see the important note at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnnyboy

:) Seems to be a topic that just won't go away. Here is my take on it. I have been using MB for 5 years or so now. When DLNA appeared it was the way music fans could get their collections onto serious HIFI setups. I have a cambridge CXN which after some updates worked. However now although I can play MP3 and Flac files ok I can't get gapless playback. J River seems to manage it. So my message is what I have said before. MB is the best by far out there. So can't we support Steven by having a "Pro" version. I would be willing to pay somewhere like £40 for Steven to develop DLNA.
Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:28:15 AM by johnnyboy

phred

• Global Moderator
So can't we support Steven by having a "Pro" version. I would be willing to pay somewhere like £40 for Steven to develop DLNA.
I don't speak for Steven, but if he doesn't have the time, offering to pay him won't free up any of his time.

Perhaps you missed this post https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30597.0

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnnyboy

What's the quote.....You can become a victim of you're own success. If Steven is stepping down who are we to complain if it's a personal thing. It's his life etc. But someone else has to pick up the rains otherwise we will be left with the likes of Monkey or JD river! I don't have the skills but I can give the support! 8)

phred

• Global Moderator
If Steven is stepping down who are we to complain if it's a personal thing. It's his life etc. But someone else has to pick up the rains
Nobody said anything about Steven stepping down. Even before he took a new job and moved to a new country he said he didn't have enough time to support this plugin. And back then he offered the source code to anyone who wanted to continue development. Not one person took him up on his offer.

If you cruise through the forum these days, Steven has a presence. He replies and even posts patches. Not as frequently as before, but that may increase as he settles in to his new job and country.

Again, not speaking for him, but as I understand it, he has no plans to give up MB.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

If Steven is stepping down who are we to complain if it's a personal thing. It's his life etc. But someone else has to pick up the rains
Nobody said anything about Steven stepping down.

The added comment in large red fonts in the start post doesn't seem clear enough.

Could somebody review the text, and then make the text pulsating in different colours, maybe have it turning or wobling around with some 3D effect like the old-school Windows 95 screensavers, and perhaps add some audio to it. (a siren? a referee whistle?)

phred

• Global Moderator
Could somebody review the text, and then make the text pulsating in different colours, maybe have it turning or wobling around with some 3D effect like the old-school Windows 95 screensavers, and perhaps add some audio to it. (a siren? a referee whistle?)
I've put in a request to my IT Department to rework the notice per your specifications.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki