Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302195 times)

frankz

If you read a few of the posts before yours, you'll see that the plugin is abandoned.  If it works for a situation it works, if it doesn't work for other situations it doesn't, and no further development or troubleshooting will be done on it by its original author.

The source code is linked in the thread. If you're a developer - or you know a developer - who is willing to take on the project, it's apparently still an open offer to allow for this to be done.

slimshizn

Thanks for the reply. It was worth a shot. Having Sono's speakers located throughout my home means that that is a deal breaker. Unfortunately I'm not a developer nor do I know anyone who is willing to take on such a task. I still like MusicBee and think that it will have it's uses in the future possibly, was REALLY hoping I could just abandon the Sonos application all together with that.

Thibault

• Carpe Diem
Bonjour,

j'utilise MusicBee avec mes hauts-parleurs Sonos via MusicBee UPnp.
Le problème chez moi est que cela ne fonctionne qu'avec les fichiers FLAC. Les fichiers mp3 ne sont pas lus ..... ????

Heureusement j'ai peu de fichiers mp3, j'ai beaucoup de flac 16-44.1 et 24-96 et ca fonctionne parfaitement.
Qu'en pensez vous ?
Merci pour vos infos si vous avez une explication à ce problème.
Cordialement

frankz

Bonjour,

j'utilise MusicBee avec mes hauts-parleurs Sonos via MusicBee UPnp.
Le problème chez moi est que cela ne fonctionne qu'avec les fichiers FLAC. Les fichiers mp3 ne sont pas lus ..... ????

Heureusement j'ai peu de fichiers mp3, j'ai beaucoup de flac 16-44.1 et 24-96 et ca fonctionne parfaitement.
Qu'en pensez vous ?
Merci pour vos infos si vous avez une explication à ce problème.
Cordialement
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14277.msg131900#msg131900

vanhoivanbinh

Hello I am a guy from Foobar2000
In foober, with UPNP plug-in, I can set up my UPNP server on my work-computer (running 24/7) and streaming anywhere anytime to my android phone (using Foobar2000 for android)
How can it be on Musicbee??
I try this plug-in but even it does not have an option to set password for the server
Also it cannot access from Browser (chrome)
Any advice?

vanhoivanbinh

The problem has been solved, I can access the Musicbee UPNP server from my phone now using Foobar for Android app

punkid

I know this plugin is not being developed anymore but is there any way to fix the 100% cpu usage bug? I've narrowed down to what causes it, but have no programming skills to do anything about it.

My network connected TV has a upnp renderer (useragent=IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50). Even when i do not use the upnp function on the TV, when i power it off, my musicbee cpu usage shoots to 100%

On the other hand, my Denon AVR also has a upnp renderer ,which sends a command to let musicbee know that it has finished playing when i power it off. This does NOT cause the cpu usage to shoot to 100%. The last line on the upnp log in this case is : 259152; 40 GetFile[2] - exit=10054, playtime=7136.

So i'm guessing the TV is not sending a "finished playing" command, which is causing the problem.
PLEASE help me fix this because i've tried many mannny more upnp servers but none play well with m3u playlists. I HAVE TO stick to musicbee for this reason.

zigzag10

I’m now playing music via the WASAPI output but had absolutely no problems in the past in using this plugin as a control point and streaming stuff to a raspberry pi/DAC, acting as a UPnP renderer.   Of course, the plugin can also be used so as MusicBee acts a UPnP server, though some folks say there are issues with this. If you’re one of these individuals I strongly suggest you try using  Minimserver instead.  Its free, actively been developed, and in all respects a very capable UPnP server.  And by the way punkid, I think Minimserver can play m3u playlists!
Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:12:32 AM by zigzag10

punkid

I’m now playing music via the WASAPI output but had absolutely no problems in the past in using this plugin as a control point and streaming stuff to a raspberry pi/DAC, acting as a UPnP renderer.   Of course, the plugin can also be used so as MusicBee acts a UPnP server, though some folks say there are issues with this. If you’re one of these individuals I strongly suggest you try using  Minimserver instead.  Its free, actively been developed, and in all respects a very capable UPnP server.  And by the way punkid, I think Minimserver can play m3u playlists!

I had tried Minimserver before and i just gave it another shot. It sadly does not support m3u playlists.

zigzag10

I’m now playing music via the WASAPI output but had absolutely no problems in the past in using this plugin as a control point and streaming stuff to a raspberry pi/DAC, acting as a UPnP renderer.   Of course, the plugin can also be used so as MusicBee acts a UPnP server, though some folks say there are issues with this. If you’re one of these individuals I strongly suggest you try using  Minimserver instead.  Its free, actively been developed, and in all respects a very capable UPnP server.  And by the way punkid, I think Minimserver can play m3u playlists!

I had tried Minimserver before and i just gave it another shot. It sadly does not support m3u playlists.

I've only just noticed this post - Minimserver actually does support m3u playlists, but it’s important to get the format of the m3u right.  I suggest you check MB’s export playlist settings.  In my case Minimserver resides on my NAS, as does my music collection, and when I export an M3U playlist from MB that I wish to use with Minimserver I check to ensure that ‘use relative paths’ is unchecked, whilst 'use unix path convention' is checked. (The latter incidentally is due to the fact that Windows convention is to use ‘\’ path separators and Linux et al uses ‘/’).
Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:21:04 AM by zigzag10

gaz5021

Hi all - I got MusicBee to stream to my SONOS Play 1 using MusicBee's UPnP plugin. Just wanted to share my settings that worked: https://imgur.com/XObJe0Q

noyse

So i'm guessing the TV is not sending a "finished playing" command, which is causing the problem.

Unfortunately i have the same problem. even if i do not sending to a upnp device, after some minutes with activated plugin my pc is nearly not useable anymore. the cpu is on 100% :(

phred

• Global Moderator
The UPnP/DLNA plugin has a known history of spiking CPU usage. Just having it installed and not being used will cause CPU usage to hit 100%. The solution is to disable it and/or remove it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

bfreinik

For what it's worth I just installed the plugin in the plugin folder. 

My Marantz SR6010 saw the folder musicbee and my flac files play perfectly.

Windows computer to bridge to router to Marantz SR6010

Album art doesn't work but it only occasionally did with windows media player. I suspect it's a Marantz software thing.

I didn't notice a memory spike either.