Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302191 times)

MWJK

Is there a way to transfer the question to the other thread?

michelrivolta

The plugin works well with my iota np3 streamer but I found an issue when the "output as a continuous stream" feature is on. Synchronization seems to be off and you notice it when you arrive to the last song which it's trimmed before it actually finished. You can see on the musicbee player progress bar that the song comes to the end like 10 sec. before it actually finishes. This only happens  when the continuous stream is on. I wonder if there is any work around to avoid this, any help would be appreciate, thanks.

Wei Cao

Dear Team MusicBee,
We are an audio device manufacturer, our products work as UPnP renderer, the device has a companion app, which can find and browse UPnP servers, music can be streamed to the audio device by the app.
I installed MusicBee on my PC and configured the library and UPnP plug-in. The app can find the UPnP server, but when I selected the server, the app displays nothing in this server. At the same time, BubbleUPnP worked well with the same server.
It seems that I have no permission of adding attachments.

In debug mode, we found that when the MusicBee UPnP is selected in our app, we get the following error messages.
Code
Error Domain=com.arcam.cocoaupnp.error Code=4 "No item or container elements found in XML data" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No item or container elements found in XML data}

hiccup

We are an audio device manufacturer, our products work as UPnP renderer, the device has a companion app, which can find and browse UPnP servers, music can be streamed to the audio device by the app.
Welcome to the forum Wei Cao
Quote from the (sole) developer:

I am no longer maintaining this plugin, so unless someone else picks it up, whatever the issue is wont be addressed

He has also explained that the source code for this UPnP plugin is available, and that anybody is free to work on it.
So if your company has the knowledge and the resources, perhaps you could contribute by taking a look at the plugin's code and improving on it?
That would be much appreciated by many MusicBee users.

Be aware that everybody on this forum (including the developer) is contributing voluntarily, and for free.
So that would need to apply to you too.

Wei Cao

Got that. But I'm not sure if we have the ability of optimizing this plugin. Because we are a audio device company, we have few experiences on UPnP server and renderer software. We'll try our best. Let me read through the past posts in this thread first. Thank you.

kingjon

You would make a lot of people very happy if you could update that plug-in. 

phred

• Global Moderator
A friendly reminder...

Steven, the developer of this plugin (and of MB) no longer has the time to spend on further development OR SUPPORT of the plugin.
He has made the source code available for anyone who wants to continue development. It is available here.
Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 12:33:30 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

A friendly reminder:
What does unfriendly look like?
Remote detonation of the poster's computer?

You would make a lot of people very happy if you could update that plug-in.  
If you had used the word 'somebody' instead of 'you', your remark would probably have been received more neutral, and I would have completely agreed ;-)
Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 12:42:08 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
What does unfriendly look like?
Remote detonation of the poster's computer?
Pretty close. I was thinking more along the lines of a Bond-like auto ejector.

If you had used the word 'somebody' instead of 'you', your remark would probably have been received more neutral, and I would have completely agreed ;-)
I think the "you" this person was referring to was Wei Cao. Nevertheless I thought it was time to remind folks that the plugin is no longer supported.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

I think the "you" this person was referring to was Wei Cao. Nevertheless I thought it was time to remind folks that the plugin is no longer supported.
Ah, yes, that seems a possibility. I assumed it was directed at Steven.

johnnyboy

I have been following this thread for years possibly. So If its not being developed by Steven then we have to accept that. So my question is with such a brilliant piece of software that all you guys and me are enjoying how do you listen to your MB music to your "weapon of choice"?  Without DLNA you are limited to PC speakers  Phones Tablets or wires trailing from you PC to your amplifier inputs. Assuming of course that you want to listen to your library on Hi Fi!

phred

• Global Moderator
Look into Subsonic (no longer supported but working well) or one of it's many forks, such as Airsonic Advanced. You can point it to your MB library and playlists and use it's DLNA.
Lately I've been experimenting with Plex on a Synology NAS and I'm rather pleased with it. I've got it pointed to my music files (on the NAS.) The Plex server has a DLNA component which I have yet to test.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnnyboy

I must admit the generic DLNA works for  me.I just don't have  gapless playback. But tuneblade works  with MB but more messing about with settings. 8)
Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 08:43:10 PM by johnnyboy

johnnyboy

So how are Phred and Hiccup using MB to send to their Hi Fi ?

phred

• Global Moderator
So how are Phred and Hiccup using MB to send to their Hi Fi ?
Plex Server's DLNA component.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki