Author Topic: MB and MixedInKey - no automatic updates of comments/tags after processing  (Read 2028 times)

c-Row

Is anybody else using MusicBee along MixedInKey to automatically update BPM/key values for files in their library?

I can drag my selected files from MusicBee into MixedInKey where they are processed correctly (as far as I can tell) and have their values written to the BPM/comments field as well as the TKEY tag for which I set up a custom tag to have it displayed in MusicBee, but unfortunately there seems to be no way to make MusicBee recognize the updated values other than opening every song's tag editor and save the values already present back into the MB library.

I had a similar problem in iTunes but I found that updating a useless tag would make it re-evaluate all tags and update the library accordingly. In MusicBee this doesn't seem to work properly. Instead, selecting a bunch of tracks and hitting "Save" only updates the library entry of the first song and leaves the others untouched. If I update another tag so MusicBee has to update the file it even deletes the values in all three tags (comments/BPM/TKEY).

:-\

Pingaware

Use Send To>File Rescan. This command can also be set to a hotkey.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

c-Row

Not exactly the most intuitive place to look for it, but that does exactly what I was looking for - thanks! Would have been quite a surprise if MusicBee wouldn't offer such a function when it excels in so many other places.  :D

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee has too many functions for every one to be conveniently placed.  :)  You can set up a hotkey or a toolbar button to do this more easily.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)