Author Topic: Search other iTunes stores for pictures  (Read 3468 times)

MeeMeeMee

I'm very fond of high quality of iTunes' cover art. But sometimes MB can't find the cover because it's not available in the US store (you are using the US store, right?).

For example, dEUS's Following Sea is available in the UK store but not in the US store, and therefore finding album art fails.
If there are multiple matches, btw, you can do something similar to what you've done with the google picture search results.

Semi-relevant: An online tool I found for fetching cover art from iTunes http://bendodson.com/code/itunes-artwork-finder/
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Pingaware

Going down the alternative software route, I personally use Album Art Downloader. You get a wider range of sources, and a bunch of options.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

usraek

+1

Thanks for showing me that album art tool, I've just tinkered with it and it's quite cool.

Though Musicbee has just cut down the number of programs I used into an inclusive and powerful one stop shop, and it's amazing. So I'm all for more features and flexibility, as long as Steven keeps wanting to add and refine!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Going down the alternative software route, I personally use Album Art Downloader. You get a wider range of sources, and a bunch of options.

and you can set it up as an external tool in MB:

so that if MB can't find something suitable with the in-built artwork finder, than you can quickly search with the 'Send To' command
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Pingaware

+1

Thanks for showing me that album art tool, I've just tinkered with it and it's quite cool.

Though Musicbee has just cut down the number of programs I used into an inclusive and powerful one stop shop, and it's amazing. So I'm all for more features and flexibility, as long as Steven keeps wanting to add and refine!

For the most part I agree - the only additional pieces of software I really use are Windows Explorer (for some funny searches that can't be done in MB) and Album Art Downloader. I occasionally have to fire up Mp3Tag and run files through Mp3Val and Mp3Diags (bit of a theme there!), but that's about it.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

MeeMeeMee

That tool seems nice, no doubt. But as already stated before me, MB does such a fantastic job of replacing so many other tools, I wish it did a smidgen better job at fetching album art and save me, and others, the need for a separate tool.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/