Author Topic: Allow option for double click of album in artwork view to play album.  (Read 2136 times)

phillipstuerzl

Hi,

Currently, double-clicking an album in artwork view causes a strange response, seemingly shifting the album to some kind of invisible playlist by itself, rather than enacting the expected action (in my mind, at least) of playing the album.

I don't know if this is merely a bug, or an intended feature/interaction, but would it be possible for us to at least have an option of setting the response of a double click on an album in that view, to simply cause the album to begin playing?

Right now, it makes for a very awkward and disruptive experience, when in every other circumstance, double-clicking an item (e.g.- artist, song, etcetera), plays that item. The current function also, at least as far as I can tell, serves no function? I could just be missing it, but I dunno. It comes off very strangely to me.

Many thanks, in advance, for all your responses, and hopefully any clarification or work that can be done in relation to this.
Thank you!
I enjoy MusicBee, and use it often.

Zak

• Global Moderator
It's already there.

Click the Configure Layout button at the top-right corner of the artwork view panel - it looks like a little 4x4 grid of squares.
Select Customise Panel Settings and you can change what happens when you double-click an album cover.
Bee excellent to each other...

phillipstuerzl

Wow.
I feel incredibly stupid. My apologies.
Thanks a lot.    :)

I swear I had looked there.
I must be more worn out than I thought.
Sorry about that.