Author Topic: I just downloaded this, and I have a few questions  (Read 2015 times)

stumpygremlin

Hi guys. I just downloaded this software, and I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to customize the names tags that are displayed? For example, I have info in the "Conductor" tab. I'd like to, in my library, have "Conductor" shown as "Album Shuffle Field".

2) Is it possible to add things to the library via click-and-drag from Windows Explorer?

3) Is it possible to create a playlist that shuffles my library, but keeps all duplicates of "Conductor" together? In other words, this field would allow me to play a whole album at once, then shuffle to the next full album. I'd like to do that on this player.

4) Is it possible to create different views of my library with different filters?

Thanks a bunch!
Danny

Pingaware

1) Is it possible to customize the names tags that are displayed? For example, I have info in the "Conductor" tab. I'd like to, in my library, have "Conductor" shown as "Album Shuffle Field".

Almost certainly, but as I don't know what the "Album Shuffle Field" is, I can't help with how to do it.

3) Is it possible to create a playlist that shuffles my library, but keeps all duplicates of "Conductor" together? In other words, this field would allow me to play a whole album at once, then shuffle to the next full album. I'd like to do that on this player.

Yes. Auto-playlists will do this for you, but I don't have time right now to figure out how to set one up for you.

4) Is it possible to create different views of my library with different filters?

Yes. Go to Preferences>Library and look for the "Configure" button by "Define filters".
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

stumpygremlin

What I'm calling "Album Shuffle Field" is information that's in the "Conductor" field of my tags.  I just want the columns of the top of my library to reflect me calling it "Album Shuffle Field" rather than "Conductor".

Pingaware

In that case, you could just go to Preferences>Layout (1), and click on "Configure Fields" under the Main Panel header. In the dialogue that pops up, you should just be able to change the display name of Conductor to whatever you want.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Zak

• Global Moderator
1.  Edit > Preferences > Layout (1) > Configure Fields
There you can change the title of any of the built-in field names, including Conductor.

2.  Yep.

3.  Yep. Create an Auto-Playlist and there is an option to either select a track at a time or an album at a time.

4.  Yep. When you have a view set up the way you want it you can save those settings and give it a name. In the Filter and Auto-playlist settings you can tell it to use your saved view.
Bee excellent to each other...