Author Topic: "Playing Track" Focused With Cover Art Double-Click??  (Read 3854 times)

jB

It would be nice to have a menu option to allow the Navigator Panel and the Main Panel to follow playback too (perhaps at the start of each played track). I know this is what the "Now Playing Panel" is for, but I'd prefer the others as well since they display more info.

In fact, it would be really cool if you could (alternatively) double-click the album cover-art ("Playing Track") in the "Track Info Panel" and have the currently playing song focused in the "Main Panel" like so:

Artist Biography --> Playing Track is focused and visible on the screen
Artwork --> Playing Track's album cover art is displayed (and highlighted) with other cover art by that artist
Album & Tracks --> Playing Track is focused and visible on the screen along with Album Cover Art
Track Detail --> Playing Track is focused and visible on the screen

This is one feature that I miss about Foobar2000. It may be a plugin, but I certainly miss the functionality.

Is this possible with MusicBee?

Thanks...
Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:45:07 AM by jB
MusicBee v1.2.3876

Steven

• Administrator
It would be nice to have a menu option to allow the Navigator Panel and the Main Panel to follow playback too (perhaps at the start of each played track). I know this is what the "Now Playing Panel" is for, but I'd prefer the others as well since they display more info.
you want the main panel will automatically scroll to the playing song? If so then i would definitely have that as an option as it would be annoying if you were looking for other songs. You know you can click on the title bar of the player display panel and it will jump to the playing track in the main panel? (I need to make one improvement to it, in that it currently only tries to find the track in the library rather than the current window)

Artwork --> Playing Track's album cover art is displayed (and highlighted) with other cover art by that artist
could you explain how you would see the other cover art being displayed?
Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:48:47 AM by Steven

jB

could you explain how you would see the other cover art being displayed?

Like when you click on an Artist's folder in the "Computer" drop-down in the Navigator panel, it will display all albums inside that folder as cover art (Artwork Mode). Then if you single-click on an album's cover art, it will highlight it. Couldn't it detect what track is playing and determine what album cover art to highlight?

You know you can click on the title bar of the player display panel and it will jump to the playing track in the main panel?

I was aware of this but it always opens up my Music Library which is about 35,000 songs. Because of this, there is always about a 5-10 second delay which is annoying. I would prefer it to just focus the current track in the main panel based on the folder nodes, or the artist, or even just the album. I don't really want it to open up my entire library everytime. Is this possible?
MusicBee v1.2.3876

Steven

• Administrator
for now i've changed the single click on the player display panel to only search in the current tab (i'll look at the other things you asked for at a later date).
Its in the next update

jB

Thanks Steven. Can't wait to check it out. :D
MusicBee v1.2.3876