Author Topic: Windows Phone 8.1 Sync back playcount is not working, playlists are a problem  (Read 8218 times)

Samanthaaaa

so_la_la, I was going to reply to another thread of yours and I just saw this.

I have a Lumia 820 (running Denim etc), and I'm having the same issue as you in regards to syncing. I'm trying to sync three (fairly large) playlists to my phone (over 25gb). Last time I finally managed to get it working, this process took over five hours to complete.  :'(

The problem being that for some insane reason my Windows Phone 8 device is fantastically slow talking to my Windows 8 laptop, and whenever I sync my music ALL of the tracks are re-copied over to the device.

Like you, I'm using .PLA format for the playlists, and copying over to an SD card (which I checked had the fastest read/write speeds I could find).

I saw in another thread that you were possibly going to move your music collection to OneDrive... But I wonder if you ever had any success with MusicBee?

(Also, I've never been able to get playcounts to natively sync, I am sure I remember reading somewhere that it isn't actually supported by Windows Phone?)

so_la_la

Hi Samanthaaaaa,
well I am still struggling.
As far as OneDrive is concerned I am not happy with the unknown status most music will have. I am on a data plan of a mere 300 MB per month, and listening to your files will still require transferring them to your device, so at the moment OneDrive is beyond reach for me.
I have abandoned syncing playcounts, I have it all on Last.FM. This works for XboxMusic through the ScrobbleMe-App but not for MixRadio. In addition  I  got hold of a three-months-free Deezer premium account which is great as long as I am on Wlan...
So long
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage