Author Topic: opening songs from windows  (Read 2778 times)

ttestt

Hi, i dont know if there is a easy sollution for this but i'm used to open a song or a list of songs,
and then, open another different song from windows.
With another players what it happens is that it cleans automatically the list of songs and start playing what you has just opened,
but in musicbee what happens is that it shows a popup saying :
"another instance of musicbee is still running and need to be terminated from the windows task manager."

Is a little pain to have to erase the list of music and then drop the file i want to play or close
and reopen the musicbee when you can just do that by a simple "enter" or "double click" into the mp3 file from windows.

I think an easy sollution would be to, when opening an mp3 file with musicbee from windows,
it opens it and kill another instances of musicbee, that's all.
Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:41:51 PM by ttestt

Pingaware

Opening a song from Windows should work fine - it does for me. Check that "Enable MusicBee in Windows Explorer and context menus" is checked under Preferences>General>File Types.

I'd also point out that using MB in this way isn't what it's designed for. If you want a player to just play songs you find in Windows, something else would be more suitable - MB is designed so that you add tracks to your library in the program and find them from there.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

ttestt

i did that but, i dont know what is not working fine but, when i do
from the right click menu "play with musicbee", or "queue last in musicbee"
always keep telling me the same message of:
"another instance of musicbee is still running and need to be terminated from the windows task manager."

is it a problem just happening to me?

redwing

Could be your security software that causes the issue.

SSvO

Hi,
i have exact the same problem.
If MusicBee is running there is no way to use Double click or the context menu entry's to add Files.
Is there a solution to this?

Im running MusicBee 2.4.5404 on Windows 10 with no additional Security Software.