Author Topic: Don't make filters return to top  (Read 3110 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would prefer if clicking on a specific library filter didn't return that filter to the top of the list.  It's easy to get back to the top of the main panel.  It's a lot harder to find where you left off.  Right now I am switching frequently between different filters and this is very frustrating when I'm trying to work my way down the list.  Also, sometimes I accidentally click the filter instead of "Music" even if I'm not changing filters, and am taken back to the top.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Each filter does remember last selected track and goes back to it when the filter is selected.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I find that it often doesn't.  Or sometimes it does the first time, but if I accidentally click it again it resets.  I can get a GIF if I need to.

Actually, here's what happens: if I have a particular filter selected, and I switch to another filter, both remember their positions.  But if I switch to a whole different node, say Inbox or Audiobooks, and then click the filter again to return to Music, it resets to the top (which happens much more often than my switching one filter to another, and is a natural thing to do if filters are displayed).  So maybe this is actually a bug?
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:31:24 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
it is intentional behavior that when you click the same node twice it resets everything. However in the case of switching to inbox and then clicking the same filter again i guess that it shouldnt reset so i will look to address that

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Wonderful, thank you!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)