Author Topic: Adding a podcast that I downloaded myself, that's not on Itunes?  (Read 2972 times)

dylstew

How do I add a podcast that I  just downloaded myself from a website? It's not on Itunes or the other two things musicbee can search for.  The podcast is on soundcloud as well. how can I still get it recognized as a podcast instead of music?

Steven

• Administrator
if its a specific file, you can download it and drag the downloaded file into the podcasts node where it will by default be assigned to a "Unknown Subscription"
if its a subscription you are refering to, just go to the podcasts node and click + where you can enter the web link directly

dylstew

if its a specific file, you can download it and drag the downloaded file into the podcasts node where it will by default be assigned to a "Unknown Subscription"
if its a subscription you are refering to, just go to the podcasts node and click + where you can enter the web link directly

I can't really drag the mp3 file anywhere, it shows the symbol of me not being able to do it :c.

edit: ooh, you have to do it in musicbee itself. Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to give it a name instead of ''Unknown subscription''? Because this way everything would go into the same thing, which could get confusing. I know multiple podcasts that just use download links.
For now as a workaround I just created a library for podcasts, just like I did with videogame/movie soundtracks.
Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:21:24 PM by dylstew

StillElectric

• Media Go refugee
Any plans for MusicBee to scan and recognize new podcast files as it does with music?