Author Topic: Importing Playlists  (Read 4609 times)

btzimmer

This issue drove me crazy and it seems that other MusicBee users are confused about how to import existing m3u playlists into the Playlists folder in the player.  I keep all of my mp3 music albums in separate folders and each folder has a playlist so going into over 900 folders and dragging and dropping each playlist into the Playlist folder is not a solution for me as some have suggested.  The solution is simple but a little cryptic to figure out.  If your music library is like mine with a playlist in numerous folders here's how you import them.  Go to Edit, Preferences from the top left MusicBee drop down.  Select the Library tab on the left.   Look at the bottom frame called playlists.  You'll see a field with the label "library playlists".  Change that directory to the top level directory where your tunes are stored.  In my case, it's C:\Users\bzimmer\My Music.  (Use the look up to the right of the field so you don't have to type it)  All of my tunes are stored in folders under that directory.  Make sure that the drop down for the playlist type is correctly selected, too.  In my case, it is M3U.  Hit Apply and Save.  Check your Playlist folder now.  You should have all of your playlists in there.  Also, every time you add a new folder/playlist under that directory, MusicBee will add it automatically.  Hope this saves some of you some time.  BZ

redwing

File> Rescan/Add Files, the standard command for that, didn't work for you? It has "include playlists" option.