Author Topic: Artist drop down list - Producer  (Read 2600 times)

Mattiefcf

I realise you can create a custom tag for producer, but I do think this role deserves its own spot in the 'Artist' drop down list along with Remixer, Guest Artist, etc.  When browsing I would love to be able to select, say, Brian Eno and see not only his solo albums, but also the stuff he produced - U2, Talking Heads, Bowie (1.Outside, not the Berlin trilogy  :)), etc.  It would also be great to be able to easily view the work of prolific producers like Giorgio Morodor, Arthur Russell and Phil Spector - people who haven't necessarily released a lot of stuff as 'artists', but do have a substantial and recognisable body of work as 'producers'.

There is also a case for a role for "Mixer".  People like Flood, Steve Lillywhite, Jellybean and Zeus B. Held are prominent in this area, without necessarily being classed as "remixers".  However, in many cases they could probably be classed as "Producers" or "Remixers", as those two options arguably sit at either end of the spectrum of what a mixer does, especially in this age of electronic music.

jwckauman

Agreed. Producer has long been missing from the default tag choices.  I follow producers as much as anyone.  Greg Kurstin.  Zedd. Patrick Leonard.  Guy Chambers. Chris Braide.  John Farrar. David Foster.  Jay Graydon. Max Martin, etc.