Author Topic: Changing location of actual Music  (Read 4649 times)

Carsten

Hey,

i copied my music collection onto a usb drive and i wanted to change the  directory structure. I located the library mbl and musicbee opend as usal but it could not find the music (as the directory changed). So i opend the .mbl in notepad and replaced the music location manually

from \Eigene Musik\Musicbee\Music\ to just \Musik\

Opening musicbee now the program tells my library is corrupted and in the end it did not work .

What can i do? Besides leaving the structure the way it is.

Could be part of the problem that i don't know in which charset the mbl is in? It's seems to be neither utf or  asci.

thanks in adavance!
Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:15:09 AM by Carsten

Pingaware

Hopefully you kept a copy of your library before you corrupted it. You want the remap folders command from the File>Advanced.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
also, you can use MusicBee itself to move your files, and then you won't have to fix anything. right click > send to > folder (move)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Could be part of the problem that i don't know in which charset the mbl is in? It's seems to be neither utf or  asci.
Neither. It's a binary file and although you can read some of the text in it, you can't edit it in Notepad or any other program.

In your library folder you can check if there's a file MusicBeeLibrary.bak. Rename that from .bak to .mbl then use the Remap Music Folders command Pingaware mentioned.

If it still doesn't work your only option to create a new library.
Bee excellent to each other...

Carsten

Hopefully you kept a copy of your library before you corrupted it. You want the remap folders command from the File>Advanced.

i copied everything the way i wanted it to be on my new drive. opened musicbee located the moved library .mbl and tried to remap it.

the old path was :  F:\Eigene Musik\Musicbee\Music\Musicbee\Music\ <songs...>

in musicbee the remap option said:  map music file path from from: "F:\Eigene Musik\"

to the new path: "F:\Musik\"

Right in the directory in the root path is the music.

Doesn't work for me :/
Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:04:55 PM by Carsten