Author Topic: Export playlist to USB / function for playlist track #  (Read 4292 times)

dondestasmanu

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how to send a playlist to a folder, respecting the playlist order by appending the track order at the beginning of the file name.  I was thinking of using something like the Sort() function or something like that but could not figure it out.

Thanks for your help

Manuel

redwing

I don't know why you would want to include # in the playlist file. The position of each track in the playlist itself means the track's #, and the playlist file won't function properly with appended #.

dondestasmanu

The reason is fairly simple - there are many devices, such as car USB ports that don't recognize playlists. The only way to get them to play a list of files in a given order is to arrange the files alphabetically. Having the track # in the playlist is the way I can see of achieving that. Any other idea ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The reason is fairly simple - there are many devices, such as car USB ports that don't recognize playlists. The only way to get them to play a list of files in a given order is to arrange the files alphabetically. Having the track # in the playlist is the way I can see of achieving that. Any other idea ?

There is  a sync option to create a folder for each playlist.  I don't know if it puts them in order or not, though.  You may just have to try it and see.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Sync the playlist to USB with music files path configured as "<#>-<Filename>".  You must tick "create a sub-folder for each playlist and its tracks" option.