Author Topic: New user: all files not found, need to be located  (Read 1901 times)

Mosey Jones

Hey folks,

I'm a new MB user and I just downloaded it to replace iTunes. I'm having some trouble getting MB to find my music folder. Here's what's happening:
I have all my music in a folder ("All music") in my Windows music library. I've tried a few different things but it looks like MB hasn't been able to sync up to my "All music" folder and find the music I want to play.
...Now, because I imported my iTunes library into MB before I uninstalled iTunes, so my music is visible in MB, but has the (!) icon in front of each song, so I can click on them and locate them manually, but only one at a time.

If anyone can help a poorly lowly newbie, I would be very appreciative. I really enjoy the MB interface, I'm just inexperienced with this sort of thing.

Thanks

redwing

You might want to try remove all tracks from your library (only from library, not from computer) and re-import them.

Mosey Jones

Oh man, I feel like an idiot--it was that simple this whole time, haha. Thanks, redwing, it worked perfectly (as far as I can tell)! <3