Author Topic: Tags randomly deleting themselves & other questions  (Read 9599 times)

Batzarro

I never really use playlists. I just usually drag and drop albums. But I'll give it a try... Wow, it worked! It copied the album to my Lumia. But do I really have to do it that way? I have to make a playlist for every single album? Or even worse, does that mean I have to make a totally new playlist every time I decide to change music on the Lumia? A lot of the time, I will have music on it, and then want to add 1 or 2 albums to it. Will I now have to make a new playlist every time I wanna do that?

That doesn't seem as practical as just selecting a load of music and just dragging them onto the Lumia all at once.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
But do I really have to do it that way? I have to make a playlist for every single album? Or even worse, does that mean I have to make a totally new playlist every time I decide to change music on the Lumia? A lot of the time, I will have music on it, and then want to add 1 or 2 albums to it. Will I now have to make a new playlist every time I wanna do that?

Just configure one playlist to be your sync playlist, and add/remove tracks the way you would for the device.  The only extra step is to tell it when you want to sync.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Batzarro

Oh right ok, thanks. I will figure out how to do that, then.... Oh right, I see I can just make a playlist on the Lumia, and then drag music onto it inside MusicBee, that's good.

BTW is MusicBee not completely compatable with Lumia 800s? I don't think it's copying all the tag data to it.

Also a quick question, when my FLAC files get converted on the fly to MP3 (for the Lumia), are those MP3s then stored on my PC? I'm hoping they get deleted each time, I don't want them taking up more and more space each time I add music to the Lumia.
Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:39:03 PM by Batzarro

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh right ok, thanks. I will figure out how to do that, then.... Oh right, I see I can just make a playlist on the Lumia, and then drag music onto it inside MusicBee, that's good.

BTW is MusicBee not completely compatable with Lumia 800s? I don't think it's copying all the tag data to it.

Also a quick question, when my FLAC files get converted on the fly to MP3 (for the Lumia), are those MP3s then stored on my PC? I'm hoping they get deleted each time, I don't want them taking up more and more space each time I add music to the Lumia.

Actually, what I meant was to create a playlist within MB, which you can select in the Auto-Sync options.

What tag data are you missing?  Is it possible that it's not being read by your player on the phone?  It's hard to say which devices will work best with MusicBee, in any case.

No, the converted files should not be saved to your hard drive.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Batzarro

01. Actually, what I meant was to create a playlist within MB, which you can select in the Auto-Sync options.

02. What tag data are you missing?  Is it possible that it's not being read by your player on the phone?  It's hard to say which devices will work best with MusicBee, in any case.

03. No, the converted files should not be saved to your hard drive.
01. Auto-Sync?.... I will have to look into that, I don't know what it is. Does it mean that MuscBee will automatically add and delete music from the Lumia phone, according to whats in the playlist on my PC?

02. As far as I can see so far, it's not copying over the Artist tag. On the phone, it says 'unknown artist' on all my albums. The player is the one that's built into Lumia 800s, it usually displays the artists, before, when not using MB.

03. Cheers.