Author Topic: How do I create more variation in artist in a dynamic playlist?  (Read 1995 times)

Ravoblex

In order to increase variation of artists and titles in my auto playlists, I've been limiting my auto playlists to 50 songs according to songs least often played. The idea is to keep play counts evenly distributed rather than having certain songs build up high play counts. I just want some variation.

TLDR;
Here's the problem. In using these parameters, my auto playlists only contain alphabetical blocks of artists limited to 50 songs. For example, out of the 50 songs I get 7 songs by the Beatles, 4 songs by the Eagles, 4 songs by the Rolling Stones, 9 songs by Van Halen, 5 songs by Van Morrison and so on.

So, how do I make it so I'm getting more artist variation in these auto playlists? I've got thousands of songs by many different artists - more than enough to have just one songs per artist per playlist.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

redwing

Use "different/same artist" for "shuffle" setting and move the slider to the leftmost position.
Also instead of using "least often played" filter, create and use a rule "Play Count" "is less than" a certain number.

@Steven:

With "least often played" filter selected, why a certain group of the same tracks always get selected when there are a number of never-played tracks in the library?