Author Topic: Playing desired song with "Play Library Shuffled"  (Read 1873 times)

Bolgars

There's one thing that bothers me in MusicBee. I often play my Music Library with "Play Library Shuffled" option. Everything is just fine until I feel like hearing a particular song. I would like to hear that one song and then listen again to the shuffled music library. However, when I click on "Play Now" or "Queue Next", the song gets added to Now Playing list, effectively increasing the number of songs on the list. After a week or so of playing songs like that I have a vast number of duplicate songs in Now Playing list and these songs are, thus, disproportionately often played.

Beforehand, when I used Winamp for listening purposes, there was no problem with that. I used to listen to the shuffled playlist and when I played the desired song it didn't get added to the playlist for another time. After that the playlist went on; shuffled as before. I don't want to be misunderstood. I'm not saying Winamp is better than MusicBee. Quite contrary, I greately prefer MusicBee to Winamp but, nonetheless, I miss this one feature.

Of course, with MusicBee similar results can be achieved. Unforunately, both of them are dissatisfactory for my needs. The first method requires choosing song with "Now Playing Tab" as opposed to "Music Tab". "Now Playing Tab" doesn't show all album images since it's basically only a list of songs. I grew accustomed to having beautiful album art view  as my deafult view so this workaround is no-go for me. The second method requires me to reset periodically the whole list of played songs by clicking "Play Library Shuffled" from time to time. However, I would like to setup playlist only once and then not tamper with it again.

I'm not a very experienced user so I may be doing something wrong. Therefore, I would greately appreciate if somebody told me how to play chosen song in "Music Tab" without increasing the number of songs in Now Playing list.

Moreover, I would like to have an option to listen to a given album in entirety and in original sequential order by clicking on the album and, afterwards, listen back to the shuffled library when the album ends. Everything from "Music Tab". Is it possible?

I will be tremendously grateful for any solutions to my questions.

P.S. I'm well aware I have very high needs and, thus, these needs may not be fulfilled. ;) So, feel free to bash me if my expectations are too exorbitant to come true.

redwing

After a week or so of playing songs like that I have a vast number of duplicate songs in Now Playing list and these songs are, thus, disproportionately often played.

Right-click on Now Playing list> List> Remove Duplicates

BTW there's no way to play tracks with MB with them not added to now playing list.