Author Topic: queue next does not play sequentialy  (Read 4200 times)

gsax

yes, i am a newbe, spending a lot of time with this wonderful program :-) but the following i couldn't figure out:
A) Settings:
1.) preferences: Now Playing: if playback is stopped: Play Now - when tracks are playing: Queue Next
2.) Now Playing: Play Now action: clear list and play selected tracks only
3.) Now Playing: playback follows cursor

B) Main Panel (middle):
a.) i select song 1, 2, 3, 4  by double clicking them (shuffle is OFF btw) - OK!
b.) Now Playing panel: i can see my four selected songs - OK!
c.) song 1 starts playing immed. after doubleclicking it - OK!

PROBLEM:
next played song is not 2 (next), but 4 - possible reason: cursor is naturally positioned on the last selected track on main panel (4). see Now Playing: playback follows cursor
at the end of song 4. player goes to STOP - possible reason:  setting on Now Playing: Play Now action: clear list and play selected tracks only

HOW can i manage the following situation: as a prof. live performing musician i need following:

NORMALLY: Now Playing: Play Now action: clear list and play selected tracks only - JUST PLAY ONE SONG, THEN STOP
then the function: playback follows cursor i need too(!!) (selecting just ONE next song during playback of current song, then stop after playing this next song)

SOMETIMES: play selected songs sequentially (Queue Next after selecting a few  songs (with alt-enter or doubleclick))

this should be done without changing settings (preferences) all the time i have to switch between PLAY ONE, THEN STOP and PLAY SELECTED SONGS ONLY (in a row).

thank you for any help :-)
Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:03:07 AM by gsax

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try turning off "playback follows cursor" and just double click a new song if you want to insert one between some already in the list.  With shuffle off, this should add it directly after the current song.  You'll have to remove the rest of the queue if you don't want it to continue after that song.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

gsax

thx scampbll. this will work, i know. but i am looking for a solution, that lets me do this:

NORMAL USAGE:  PLAY ONE SONG, THEN STOP - as i use a windows surface 3 (touch), i have to start the songs with DOUBLECLICK (DOUBLE-TAP)

then the function: playback follows cursor i need too(!!) (selecting just ONE next song during playback of current song, then stop after playing this next song).

and for special occasions, f.e. when i have to walk during my performance, i need to select more songs, which have to be played sequentially.
for this special occasion, is there perhaps another solution/way to handle it?

Pingaware

Is it specific to certain songs?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

gsax

yes, the songs are usually in the same playlist. there are all MP3s.

Pingaware

There is no way that I know of to get MB to automatically stop after each song. However, you could create a custom toolbar button (Under Preferences>Layout (1)) and assign it to 'Playback - Stop After Current'. Then you'd only have to start playing the song, then press that, and everything should work as before.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

gsax

great hint! i just check out this possibilities of customized toolbar buttons :-) thx :)