Author Topic: AAC+V2 Support  (Read 2659 times)

sampacc

The only thing preventing me from using the Bee for my all-around app is the lack of support for AAC+v2.  I know the Nero encoder will encode to AAC-LC, AACPlus, and AAC+v2 (I've done this for years via command-line), but for the love of (enter your choice of higher-being here), why can we not use the very good Nero DEcoder to play the v2 files?  In addition, while VLC plays v2 files AND v2 streams very well, MB plays them as a mono 11k stream instead of the stereo full-fidelity it is supposed to.  This is the same thing iTunes does, and it sucks.  Ideas anyone?...

The stream in question by the way is http://stream0.wfmu.org/freeform-48k.aac -- my favorite station in the world that I cannot live without.

Other than this issue, I'm really fond of the Bee.  Just can't ditch my AAC+v2s...

Steven

• Administrator

sampacc

Yes, I did try that.  Unfortunately same issue.  I think VLCs decoder is based on faad (open source), and the gstreamer stuff in linux also does the trick.  I just wish there was a way to bypass using the Windows decoder and having the ability to choose alternative decoders...  Thanks for the reply, though.