Author Topic: Xbox Music  (Read 44663 times)

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using windows 10 then there is an issue with the aac decoder that comes with windows 10. I suggest you search this forum for instructions on how to download bass_aac.dll as that decoder works properly

ProfessorMarvel

Steven, I am really enjoying this plugin to access streaming music with my own collection. Thanks!!!

Is it possible to have the ability to edit the metadata for tracks from Groove (XBox) Music (have them save in the MB database)? At least the ability to use custom tags that save in the database anyway. It would help tremendously in sorting the streamed items in the music collection. (ie. adding genre information that Microsoft doesn't supply properly!)

Also in theatre mode, no album covers are displayed from XBox/Groove streams. They are available in all other views. Is this easy to implement?

Thanks again for your continued work on this amazing software!!

Steven

• Administrator
microsoft are shutting down one of the Azure services that is needed by this plugin in March. I need to find out if there will be another way for the plugin to work. Until i know more i wont invest time in the plugin

Steven

• Administrator
For the record, microsoft have provided a way to hook into the new groove api with no loss of capability, so i will continue to support this plugin.
The updated plugin will be included in the next v3.1 patch update, and i will do a full release of v3.0 before the March shutdown date.

@ProfessorMarvel, one of the terms of the API contract is the client applications cannot permanently save metadata.
However i will at some point look at the theater mode support

ProfessorMarvel

That's good news. Thanks so much Steven!

Steven

• Administrator
theater mode support is done for v3.1 and is available on the usual download link

mythichelm

So this plugin is amazing, but I have two requests/comments:

First, is there any way to search the Groove catalog for any arbitrary artist through the Music Explorer?

From what I can tell, the only way to "find" an artist is to:
1) Have a similar artist in your library already
2) In music explorer, click on the artist
3) Go to Similar Artists tab, click "More Similar Artists"
4) Find the artist you are looking for

Would it be possible to add an option in the search bar to search the Groove catalog for an artist?

Second, the volume of tracks from Groove is much quieter than local tracks. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on v3.0.6132.

Edit:
Adding two more questions :)

Is there any way to import playlists from Groove? I see "Send to Xbox music" and that works fine, but I'd like to also import playlists that I might have created elsewhere (example my phone's Groove app).

I noticed you can add the Groove tracks to your inbox/library playlists and they behave the same as local files (from what I can tell). Does the current plugin API support this? If so, how is this done? I'd really like to know how to create an entry in the library that is actually a link to a streaming service.
Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:25:03 AM by mythichelm

ProfessorMarvel

Steven,

Thanks for working on this so quickly. I downloaded/updated my MusicBee, but still am only seeing a black "No Cover Art" for Xbox/Groove songs for any of the Theatre Mode views. Is there something I need to do to get this working? (The music plays fine and MusicBee is logged on to Groove)

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
what version does Help/ About say? and what theater mode skin are you using?

Steven

• Administrator
First, is there any way to search the Groove catalog for any arbitrary artist through the Music Explorer?
you can type an artist name in the text search box but it will only filter for artists in your library. I guess i can look at some way to search for artists outside your library.
However, with the current version, if you open the Recommendations node from the left navigator, the search box will search for any artist in the xbox music catalog

Second, the volume of tracks from Groove is much quieter than local tracks. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on v3.0.6132.
perhaps you have replaygain enabled for local tracks and there is no replaygain tags for the xbox tracks
Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:21:00 PM by Steven

mythichelm

I had disabled the recommendations node a long time ago and forgot about it. This is basically exactly what I was looking for!

Also, I had checked the setting Preferences->Player-> Dynamically normalise volume of streams, which was affecting the volume of the streams. Unchecking this made all the tracks about the same volume. Thanks!

ProfessorMarvel

:-[ I realized I only installed the 3.0 patch. I can't find the 3.1 links - can someone please help! Thanks!!!

ProfessorMarvel

Ok, found and downloaded the patch.

Steven, the theatre mode works fine - except for the "Album Flow" and "Album Wall" which show the album covers coming up in the playlist. Not sure if this is something those creators need to work out or if you can do it on your end.

Again, I really appreciate the work you continue to put into this amazing music player and your quick responses!!

Steven

• Administrator
the theatre mode works fine - except for the "Album Flow" and "Album Wall" which show the album covers coming up in the playlist. Not sure if this is something those creators need to work out or if you can do it on your end.
thats tricky because of the way its implemented it would potentially lock up the GUI while its downloading all the pictures, so i wont promise i will address that

mythichelm

Hi Steven, I'm wondering if you'd be able to answer a question from my earlier post. I'll ask again in case you missed it.

I noticed you can add the Groove tracks to your inbox/library playlists and they behave the same as local files (from what I can tell). Does the current plugin API support this? If so, how is this done? I'd really like to know how to create an entry in the library that is actually a link to a streaming service.