Author Topic: Can the last.fm plugin scrobble from my phone?  (Read 5093 times)

gnewman

Hi,

Can the Last.fm plugin that comes with MusicBee scrobble from my  Android phone? That is when I connect my phone and have MusicBee open it'll detect that tracks that I have played throughout the day on the phone, as can be done with the Last.fm plugin that gets installed for iTunes?

Thanks
Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:28:25 AM by gnewman

dylstew

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Musicbee is not on Android as far as I know.
Musicbee on PC has LastFM scrobblinh buily in.
The LastFM App scrobbles anything from an android(in my case) Music player.
If you can't scrobble that way on your phone, you can use this website http://universalscrobbler.invitationstation.org/.
Musicbee Remote is pretty much the same as using Musicbee normally, your phone is just a ''remote'' so to speak.

I'm not sure what this issue has to do with Musicbee at all.

gnewman

What I mean is:  I had installed the Last.fm plugin for iTunes (which seems to ship with MusicBee). Nothing has to be installed on the iPhone itself. When I play music on my PC in iTunes it scrobbles the same way it does with MusicBee. Now, when I play music on my iPhone and then later connect it to iTunes, the Last.FM plugin installed for iTunes detects those tracks that were played on the phone and then scrobbles them. This can be done manually or via syncing the phone when connected to iTunes.

So, I was wondering if the same thing can be done once I connect my Android phone to MusicBee. Is there some way for MusicBee/Last.FM plugin to detect the played tracks from the phone and then scrobble them?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The best way to do this is probably to scrobble to last.fm from your phone (using an app like the one suggested) and then sync playcounts from last.fm to MusicBee, rather than the other way around.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Isn't this what the first option in the last.fm plugins preferences is for?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've never seen my play count affected by my phone.  How does that option work?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
How does that option work?

Not used it myself.  Hopefully someone that has can say for sure if this is the option that's needed.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i've never been able to get 2-way playcount synching working for MTP devices (because the playcount field on the device never seems to update on any devices) and iPhones are no longer supported so the field has no effective use any more

gnewman

Okay I found the Last.fm options in MusicBee like shown by Bee-liever. So I'll install the actual Last.fm app on a my phone a bit later and see what happens and report back.

gnewman

Okay... I installed the Simple Last.fm Scrobbler and that works perfectly. It allows you to scrobble after each track or manually srobble once you have played multiple tracks. I checked my Last.fm page and the tracks I tested are there! Also, there is no need to connect to Music.Bee to get the tracks to scrobble to Last.dfm - it just scrobbles directly if there is a mobile/wifi connection to Last.fm.
Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:20:56 PM by gnewman