Author Topic: Make back button always go back to previous state  (Read 2016 times)

rscotjohns

Very often when I hit the back arrow I am not taken to the same place I was before I undertook an action. For example, say I've selected an artist in the Library Explorer or Column Browser and am looking at the tracks in their discography. If I then enter a song title to filter that selection and see how many different versions of that song I have by that artist, and then either clear the search or hit the back button I am not returned to the full discography view for that artist as before, but instead am bumped to the overall view of my entire collection, thereby losing my previous artist discography selection. It does not seem to matter whether I select to search "Entire Library" or "Local Node Only" - in both cases the same results occur, when it should instead "unfilter" my previous selection. Instead I have to scroll through my library or type in the artist name again, which is at least two steps more than this should take. It also doesn't seem to matter whether the search actually produces a "Search Results"  selection or just a filtered view of the Music library. All this is a long way of saying, "can you make the search box function more like a filter?" Killer player regardless. Kudos to you!