Author Topic: Advanced Exceptions to Auto-Organization of Media Library - Code?  (Read 2177 times)

JEHighley

I want to detect single songs & incomplete albums so they can be sorted separately in  the file tree:

Ex:
Full Albums\Artist\Album\(songs)

Exceptions:
Partial Albums\Artist\Album\(songs)
Singles\(songs)

...but, how would I define partial albums automatically?

Is this even possible? I guess I'm looking for a SUM-type function combined with multiple if/else statements, or...

???

ma_t14

There is tag "Album Complete?" already available which returns "Y" if the album is complete, "N" if the album is incomplete and "?" if it cannot determine one or the other.

The only issue with that is that both these tags need to be populated to get a correct result. If the second one is missing you'll get "?", if some tracks out of the total are missing you'll get "N" and if all of the track are there you'll get "Y".

So you just need to make sure that all your albums are tagged correctly and then it's as easy as defining an exception rule in Auto-organize using the "Album Complete?" tag as a criterion but organizing manually is probably the better option since usually you can't be sure that tracks are fully tagged from the get got.

JEHighley

Ok, cool. :)

I -kinda- got that working getting singles organized, but it also lumps in albums where I'm only missing one track into the "singles" folder. Are you saying it's also possible to separate singles from incomplete albums using this function?

Let's say I define a "single" as a case where I have one or two songs from the same original album, but an "incomplete album" if I have three or more songs from an original album; Is this also possible?

JEHighley

...'Answered my own question. This works:

Match all of the following:
Album Complete? is N
Album Track Count in range 1 to 3
= \Singles

Match all of the following:
Album Complete? is N
Album Track Count is greater than 3
= \Incomplete Albums