Author Topic: Better playlist view with comments.  (Read 3312 times)

vpsaxman

I've been trying to replicate this:

But unfortunately, there's no way to place the comment field as I'd like. Best I could do is this:

Is there  anything that could be implemented to make the comment field more flexible?

Thanks.
Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:22:40 AM by vpsaxman

vpsaxman

The building blocks for what I'm trying to achieve are already present in Compact mode, so I suppose it would be possible to implement in the main player. Maybe it could be an option in the panel configuration? See below how the comment field is aligned to the artwork and spans over several lines:

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
was just playing around with this and, with multi-line support, this could be incorporated into the existing sub-grouping header.
+1
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

vpsaxman

So something like this, except with line-wrapping for the comment field?

I was wondering if this setup would be more suited to the compact player but I think it would require getting rid of the left section of the compact player completely and extend the right panel. Maybe it's a setup for Theater Mode? Honestly, I haven't been following all the new features additions as closely as I would have liked so I'm not sure what would be the best option here.

I also just discovered the sub-grouping tutorial you wrote (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11990.0) which I'm sure will help me understand how this features works exactly.

vpsaxman

Well, after browsing the forum, I discovered you can embed a Theater Mode view in the Playing Track panel so it could be one way of doing it maybe? However, it may be a better idea to be able to display it in the Compact Player or Main Player. I wish I had kept up to date with MB, I feel overwhelmed bu all the options.  :o

vpsaxman

After looking around a little bit, I think displaying comments in MB needs to be improved everywhere. Word-wraps or scrolling bars for many views are something that's really lacking. Maybe something's in the works already?