Author Topic: Play button overlay displayed when album tracks are displayed  (Read 4051 times)

Xyzzy

Hi

When for the main panel in Artwork mode the option Show tracks of the selected album is checked, Play button is not overlayed over thumbnails. While there is analog '>' button in the 'new' track display mode, it would be good to have the old Play button in the 'old' mode.

redwing

Looks like clicking on the fields still pops up the play album/track menu, only play button is not drawn over thumbs, as before.

Steven

• Administrator
it would be good to have the old Play button in the 'old' mode.
i am not sure what you mean by in the old mode. You can restore the old functionality by unticking "show the tracks for the selected albums" in which case the play button shows and you double click to see the album tracks

redwing

I think the OP meant when tracks are displayed at the bottom of the main panel. As I said, play button is not overlaid in that layout as before.

Steven

• Administrator
in the artwork layout, when tracks are displayed at the bottom of the panel you can double click on the picture ie. you shouldnt need a play button.
Its always been that way. Its only when "show tracks for the selected albums" is not ticked (ie. equiv to the v2.3 artwork layout) that the play button should show. But its not, so thats a bug i will fix

Steven

• Administrator
actually there is no bug for when "show the tracks for the selected album is not ticked" - there is another setting "when album is double clicked" - if that is set to "play album" then the play button doesnt show.
I might get rid of this setting as it seems a little unnecessary now.
So i guess this really is a wishlist request for then tracks are configured to be displayed down the bottom of the panel, so my question is why is double clicking the album picture not a suitable way of invoking playback?