Author Topic: yyyy.mm.dd only showing up yyyy  (Read 5776 times)

Syni

Whenever I tag with the format YYYY.MM.DD in MB, it only shows the year in other tag applications/music players.
Every other format displays correctly in any player/editor. It's just the Year.Month.Day that does not.
I've noticed through Tag inspector that TYER only displays the year but if I was to edit through another program, it would then show the full format of yyyy.mm.dd.

Any help or fixes?

redwing

Quoted from: http://id3.org/id3v2.3.0

TYER
The 'Year' frame is a numeric string with a year of the recording. This frames is always four characters long (until the year 10000).

-----

Maybe those other programs are not following the ID3 standard?

Syni

Not sure about what procedures they use. It's weird that fb2k shows up as yyyy-mm-dd when tagged from MB.
When I edit the year tag with that format from an external app, it shows up correctly including MusicBee.
Is there a reason why MB is the only player to correctly see the tag in that format when tagged through MB?

Sorry if it's confusing.

redwing

I don't know. You could investigate what's going on using Tag Inspector or other tools. If there's anything wrong or something to improve with what MB's doing, report to the Bug Reports board or Wishlist board.

Syni

Any thoughts on this Steven?
Currently using another tagger due to this issue  :(

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
@ Syni
what version of MB are you using?
and are using ID3v2.3 or 2.4 tags?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Syni

@Bee-liever

I'm using MB version 2.4.5358 and ID3v2.3.

I noticed if I use ID3v2.4, the issue goes away and the year tag sticks to that format but Windows Explorer all together isn't able to read the tags so I just stick to ID3v2.3.

Bee-liever

using MB version 2.4.5358 and ID3v2.3.

Then MB will be using the ID3v2.3 standard and doing this:

when you enter the date (YYYY.MM.DD, DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD; it doesn't matter which separator as long as you use only one format - YYYY first or DD first) MB will split them into the correct TYER and TDAT frames and display the full date in the "year:" area.

Syni

Yep, that's exactly how it's like for me.
It's great that MB is following the id3 standards. Just frustrating how other applications aren't able to read the tag properly.
I found a few threads over at mp3tag of users complaining about this problem as well and they ended up changing the thing altogether.

Bee-liever

Just frustrating how other applications aren't able to read the tag properly.
I found a few threads over at mp3tag of users complaining about this problem as well and they ended up changing the thing altogether.

You might need to post a bug report on those other applications' boards that don't read the TYER and TDAT tags correctly.
After all, Mp3tag got so many complaints they reverted those Year compatibility changes in version 2.58 (although the TDAT issue wasn't fully resolved until v2.59a).