Author Topic: Copying music to a SD card on an Android phone  (Read 7384 times)

gnewman

Hi,

I've recently switched from an iPhone 4 to an LG G3 and have also just moved from iTunes on to Musicbee and am liking what I see so far.

I'm having a bit of a problem copying music to the phone's SD card though. Sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere here. I'm trying to manually copy music to the SD card in the phone. When I copy (drag and drop) albums to the Music directory on the actual phone, it will copy each artist's relevant folders along with the albums sub folders, but when I try and do the same onto the SD card it just copies to the open Music directory on the card with no folders at all. Everything appears correct when I go to the music player on the actual phone though. Is there anyway to get it to copy the folder structure to the SD card?

I was also wondering if there is a way that I could do the same except by syncing, though I don't want to sync all my music, only selected albums. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:31:25 PM by gnewman

redwing

You can sync only selected playlists to your device after configuring device setting & auto-sync setting as such (Right click the device from left navigator, and then click device settings). That will also enable you to copy customized folder structure to the SD card when syncing.

gnewman

Sorry I misread that. Do you have to use playlists than? That's a pity as it sounds like a bit of a long winded route just to get the files on to the SD card in a properly structured fashion.

So if I'm to understand correctly. I'd have to add the albums I want to a newly created playlist and that playlist will then get synced to the SD card? Im also guessing that the albums would play in a specific order then as set out in the playlist?
Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:22:30 PM by gnewman

gnewman

Okay... did a quick test after what you mentioned - I dragged a few albums on the the the phone's Music (blue) icon (left column), not on the the SD card's Music folder and it copied to the SD card!

So all seems to be solved now.

Thanks  ;D

redwing

Great! I would encourage people to post a short how-to guide on the How-To's board about how to sync/copy to a specific device once you think you got the idea. That will help a lot other users of the same device, and they could also provide useful tips.