Author Topic: "Loved" tracks for duplicate songs  (Read 3870 times)

mozartjune

So I have several live versions of songs in my library and whenever I "love" one of the songs, all of the songs gets loved in my library (For example, I only want to love a studio album version of the song but live versions of the songs will get loved). The problem is that I like to have an auto-playlists compiled of my loved songs, but it will contain several of the same songs on the playlist instead of just one loved song.

Is this an issue with MusicBee or Last.fm? and can this be fixed in preferences that I'm not seeing?

redwing

Does this happen because they are duplicates? If so, you could tick "filter out duplicates" option in auto-playlist settings pane.
If you want to include multiple of them, you could change duplicate settings from Duplicate Manager.

mozartjune

No. Some of them are live versions or demo sessions of the song. They have different album tags but the same title tags

redwing

Just tested with duplicates, but can't replicate the issue. Looks like it's last.fm related issue, but I don't know.

mozartjune

Here it is in action. I originally only loved "She's Lost Control" by Joy Division in Unknown Pleasures but all the songs with the same title and presumably the same artist gets loved.

mozartjune

I thought I searched thoroughly in the forums before I created this thread...I guess not.

Thanks for your help.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
yep

just make sure this option is turned on in the playlist rules

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together