Author Topic: Random not random?  (Read 4389 times)

Bleh

Hey, if i have a lot of songs in the playlist it is not random.

I have the "shuffle settings" on random.

Steven

• Administrator
busted! well spotted. I am surprised that after 4 years no one else had already noticed

Bleh

Are you being sarcastic?

Will this ever be fixed or is there a work around? Let's say i have a playlist of 15 songs, all 15 songs should be played in a random order and when the 15 songs are done it should play them again in a new random order. I hope you know what i mean.

redwing

So what's not working as you expected? The playlist will stop playing once the list is exhausted. If you turn on repeat button from the player, then it will do exactly what you described. Make sure your shuffle setting is random and individual tracks. (I guess Steven is a little tired of such claims questioning the randomness of MB shuffle play)

Bleh

I already said that i have the settings on random. And i explained the problem aswell.
But here for you:
Let's say i have 5 songs in a playlist and put shuffle mode and repeat on.

It should be for example: 1-3-5-2-4 (repeat the cycle with a new random seed)

But it is: 1-5-3-5-4 (Song "5" has been played twice in a single cycle and song "2" hasn't played at all)
Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:00:28 PM by Bleh

redwing

What version of MB are you running?
And try the following to make sure you're counting correctly:
- Empty now playing list
- Turn on shuffle and repeat
- Double-click on the playlist from left navigator to start playback
- You can click on next button to fast proceed, then tell me the order of played songs in three cycles.
Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:26:14 PM by redwing

ma_t14

I already said that i have the settings on random. And i explained the problem aswell.
But here for you:
Let's say i have 5 songs in a playlist and put shuffle mode and repeat on.

It should be for example: 1-3-5-2-4 (repeat the cycle with a new random seed)

But it is: 1-5-3-5-4 (Song "5" has been played twice in a single cycle and song "2" hasn't played at all)

After several runs I can't reproduce what you are suggesting. For me every song is played just once in every single run