Author Topic: Musicbee loses most of the library every now and then  (Read 4538 times)

esparrow

Every now and then, when I open MusicBee, my library is only half full. Then, bit by bit, I find all lost songs in the "Import" folder. This is very annoying, since I have to sort ca. 75.000 files to podcasts, audiobooks and music.

I have tried the latest beta and switched back to 2.3.5188 (because I really do NOT like the new iTunes-like folder appearance - it is taking away a lot of detail, makes the folder less editable and is in general bringing MusicBee towards iTunes from which I switched to MusicBee in the first place...) - it happens no matter what.

I have all my music on an external drive which I carefully disconnect after having closed MusicBee and waited a bit (and also using the windows eject feature).

The library is on the external drive as well (no good idea?!), while the AppData folder is in the default location on drive C.

Thank you so much for your help!
And thank you, Stephen, so much for this wonderful program.

redwing

Could it have something to do with auto-sleep of your external HDD?

esparrow

Thank you for your suggestion. I don't know. How can I make sure that it does?

However, if that would be so, would such an auto-sleep function not result in a lot more data being lost on the way?

Did you hear of the error I am experiencing happen before?

redwing

Try changing your power option like this to see if that makes any differences:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/prevent-hard-drive-going-sleep-windows

If it doesn't make any differences, I would try moving library folder to the external HDD, and if no difference, then try installing a portable MB on the external HDD and running from it.

Pingaware

I have tried the latest beta and switched back to 2.3.5188 (because I really do NOT like the new iTunes-like folder appearance - it is taking away a lot of detail, makes the folder less editable and is in general bringing MusicBee towards iTunes from which I switched to MusicBee in the first place...) - it happens no matter what.

Not related to your bug, but more for your information - all of the visual changes in the new version of MB can be disabled to give you a 2.3-esque interface, but with all of the additional stability that every new version brings.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.