Author Topic: Are there any members from the Eastern US here?  (Read 4699 times)

Steven

• Administrator
If so, could you reply here or PM me - this is just to check there is no problems connecting to the site

MechTa

So it wasn't only me. For some reason I haven't been able to connect to getmusicbee.com for the past 6 days. Even tried pinging the site straight from my router but only got a "bad address" error. Oh well, it's working now.

Steven

• Administrator
that ties in what this other person said - i find that really strange that a website could disappear from the internet for such a large area for such a long time.

phred

• Global Moderator
Reading you loud and clear from Boston, MA (northeastern US) and haven't had any problems connecting to the forum during the past week.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Duke9700

So it wasn't only me. For some reason I haven't been able to connect to getmusicbee.com for the past 6 days. Even tried pinging the site straight from my router but only got a "bad address" error. Oh well, it's working now.

I've been bugging Steven through FaceBook since I couldn't get in here. My connection started working again today after at least a week. Gotta be some odd ISP or DNS glitch. Now I've got a lot of catching up to do on the forum!

Thanks for looking into it Steven!

phred

• Global Moderator
@Duke9700-

Just out of curiosity, where are you in the US and who is your ISP?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Duke9700

@Duke9700-

Just out of curiosity, where are you in the US and who is your ISP?

AT&T Uverse for my ISP and in the Atlanta, GA area. I'm leaning towards blaming AT&T because I tried accessing the MB site from a few different networks but all were AT&T in some way. Home ISP (AT&T Uverse), Cell connection (AT&T), and public Starbucks Wifi (again AT&T).

Sorry - as much as I love the MB forums that was as much effort as I was going to put into to troubleshooting! Now had I been unable to listen to my MUSIC in that time it would be a MUCH different story!

MechTa

I'm on At&t Uverse as well, in Connecticut. Definitely looking like At&t is to blame, wonder what caused the issue.

Duke9700

I'm on At&t Uverse as well, in Connecticut. Definitely looking like At&t is to blame, wonder what caused the issue.

It looked like it couldn't even find the existence of the website so I'm guessing a problem with their DNS servers. After tracking down the IP address I could ping the IP. If it hadn't come back up today I was thinking about trying some alternate DNS servers but it seems like the crisis is over! (Yes, I know -- WAY beyond 1st World Problems!)

phred

• Global Moderator
Hmmm ... looks like ATT is the common denominator here.  Even with such a small sample.  Glad it's working again for both of you.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

alv117

I'm in Indiana and could not get on this sight for several hours on Sunday,Aug.31st. and Yes I have At&t u-verse as well.

Just figured I'd chime in on the subject....