Author Topic: Exporting playlist and audio files to iTunes  (Read 12822 times)

redwing

The playlist was created with and by MB.

So what's the file extension? M3U or not?

Syncing the phone then made albums that had been there disappear.

I already said this part is irrelevant now.

2. Now you're suggesting that I add it all back in, and that after that, importing the playlist created by MB will work?

I never meant that. I only suggested you test if adding a folder works because if that works, there's no reason adding a playlist doesn't work.

redwing

As I said, check again if you're selecting the right playlist. The file should end in m3u and can be found under your MB Library/Exported playlist folder.

redwing

And still no track is imported to your iTunes library? (You don't need try syncing to your iPhone if iTune's library is still empty)

redwing

If so, then try this.

- Open the playlist with Notepad and see what the path for the first song is.
- From iTunes, File> Add File to Library, and select the song to see if iTunes can import the song to the library.

JerryandLois

Let's see if we can start over, please.  I really want/need to get this to work, and I'm sure there's an answer here.

I rebuilt my iTunes library, which is to say I had it scan in my entire music catalog (some 60 gig/13,000 files), which took about 24 hours.

The majority of that time was needed for it to convert a lot of WMA files to the Apple format.

Here's where I'm at now.
1. Open MB (installed on the same machine that also hosts iTunes)
2. Export "The Playlist-current", and create file called "The Playlist-current.m3u".

3. Open iTunes
4. File menu/Library/Import Playlist.
5. Choose "The Playlist-current.m3u"
6. iTunes shows this and immediately starts playing the first track.
7. *HOWEVER*, the list is strangely incomplete. 
   a. It shows a total of 35 songs, whereas
   b. MB's exact same playlist correctly shows there are 69 songs.
   c. Songs missing from the iTunes playlist can be found and played in iTunes, when searched for manually.
8. I have not yet tried to sync this to my phone.

So, the first question - how do I get the correct playlist to import into MB?

After that is working correctly, then we can see how to get the list and the associated song tracks/files into the phone.

IS there a way to attach screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about more clearly?

Thanks,
Jerry

redwing

If so, then try this.

- Open the playlist with Notepad and see what the path for the first song is.
- From iTunes, File> Add File to Library, and select the song to see if iTunes can import the song to the library.

Did you try this before rescanning the entire music collection? If so, what happened?

redwing

You didn't answer, but I assume it successfully imported the track when you added the file.

7. *HOWEVER*, the list is strangely incomplete. 
   a. It shows a total of 35 songs, whereas
   b. MB's exact same playlist correctly shows there are 69 songs.
   c. Songs missing from the iTunes playlist can be found and played in iTunes, when searched for manually.

Check for any special characters from the entire URLs for the files failed to get imported to iTunes. Could be a semicolon or something else.