Author Topic: Move from Inbox to Library?  (Read 3476 times)

mrboonmee

I have most music on a different drive (f:) in various folders.

I created a few libraries.

under Library Preferences I set MB to "Scan at startup only" and New File Actions:  Add to Library.

I added a album to f:\music and I can not get it out of the inbox to that Library.

when i highlight all the files in the inbox, right click --> send to Music Library, only way to find them is with a search.

only way I was able to get the new files to show up in the library was to delete the entire library folder, and create a new one.

pretty confused at this point, thanks for any help.

redwing

Maybe part of the problem is that you created several libraries.
I'd suggest you remove all tracks from those libraries and inbox and then remove all those additional library folders using windows explorer except the main one. While doing so, be sure not to delete actual music files, only remove them from library not from the computer.
Then your MB will have no track in the library and inbox.
Now add the various music file folders to monitored folders setting with continuous monitor option.
Set new file action to add to library. Do not set duplicate option and auto-sweep option.
Then all your files will be imported to your library. Later you can learn about how to manage inbox and other options.