Author Topic: layout; from the general to the specific  (Read 1757 times)

mbusr

I've managed to achieve the perfect layout in the 'recently played' ctegory, but haven't so far been able to reproduce that in other categories, notably in 'music' [main library]. I know you can use the button at the top of the main panel ->custom views -> copy current view settings to....  This opens a dialogue so that you can export the view settings as a file. Presumably this pertains to the whole application, so it doesn't suit my purpose of copying view settings from, say, 'recently added' to 'music' or some other playlist. There are a lot of configuration options and it's easy to get a bit lost among them. Short of making screenshots of every single configuration dialogue for every panel, i'm not sure how to proceed without more confusion.
Does anyone know how to do this? 

mbusr

worked it out; the exported settings don't apply to every category on the whole application it seems, and can be applied selectively to single categories.
export the view settings file as above.
select category to which the saved view settings are to be applied
go back to the main panel layouts config button and again to custom views and the saved view will be present there to be selected and applied.

a bug; in 'now playing', the category that was getting the newly saved view settings, the thumbnail browser wasn't showing even though in teh main panel config options it was ticked/checked as showing. unchecking and then rechecking it brought it up properly.
Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:01:38 AM by mbusr