Author Topic: Simple fix for missing songs?  (Read 8626 times)

kerryanna

Hello, im new to MB and have been trying to figure out why some albums are only showing  ( 1 )  or  ( 2 ) songs when the entire album is there. I can only see the full album list when locating use Computer node mode. Here are screens of the issue below.

http://photoload.ru/data/19/3a/1b/193a1bb751d405d238231de68b04af46.png

http://photoload.ru/data/90/81/92/9081922811a1d7fd2d90abd35b9764a2.png

http://photoload.ru/data/c8/09/e4/c809e4aa2fd8fa186649d323368ec94e.png

Anti

Maybe somehow you've only added a couple of the tracks to your 'library' (ie. your musicbee database)?

What happens if you select 'file -> rescan' and choose  the parent directory of where your music is stored?
The rest of the tracks should be found and added to either the library or the 'inbox node'.

kerryanna

Maybe somehow you've only added a couple of the tracks to your 'library' (ie. your musicbee database)?

What happens if you select 'file -> rescan' and choose  the parent directory of where your music is stored?
The rest of the tracks should be found and added to either the library or the 'inbox node'.

All the tracks are in the library. I also played each to verify. I will try to rescan and see if it works. But this issue is on going for multiple albums. Some shows all of their songs while others would show only 2 songs, 3 songs, 1 song etc. unless I locate using computer node then it shows the rest. I even tried auto tagging by album/track and still happens.

ma_t14

From your first screenshot I can immediately see that the tags do not match which probably is the problem

* 24 Carat flag - Ghetto Misfortune's Wealth
* The 24 Carat flag - Ghetto : Misfortune's Wealth
* The 24 Carat flag - Ghetto Misfortune's Wealth

redwing

Yes, they must have different "album artist" value (with or without "the", or only some tracks have album artist value which is different from artist value), which splits the album into multiple segments. To verify, add "album artist" column to compare, or try sorting by artist instead of album artist.

kerryanna

Yes, they must have different "album artist" value (with or without "the", or only some tracks have album artist value which is different from artist value), which splits the album into multiple segments. To verify, add "album artist" column to compare, or try sorting by artist instead of album artist.

Hey you're absolutely correct. Sorting by "Artist" shows the same album art twice hence the values are different on some songs. Is there a way to group all into one single album or a Auto correct I can apply to these multiple value albums?
Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:33:48 AM by kerryanna

redwing

A simple fix would be go to Preferences> Sorting/Grouping and remove album artist from the grouping setting. Then MB will group tracks into an album only by album name.

But still you will need to clear up the inconsistency between artist and album artist value, checking the correct artist name on the web. You first need decide whether you're gonna use a separate album artist for all tracks even when it's the same as artist. Or you could keep the field empty (then MB uses artist value for album artist) unless a different value is required, for instance for compilation albums.

redwing

A handy way to verify artist name is play the track while having last.fm tab open in playing track panel at the bottom. If the artist name is wrong, last.fm will tell you that.

kerryanna

A simple fix would be go to Preferences> Sorting/Grouping and remove album artist from the grouping setting. Then MB will group tracks into an album only by album name.

But still you will need to clear up the inconsistency between artist and album artist value, checking the correct artist name on the web. You first need decide whether you're gonna use a separate album artist for all tracks even when it's the same as artist. Or you could keep the field empty (then MB uses artist value for album artist) unless a different value is required, for instance for compilation albums.

Awesome I going to try out your suggestions now. Another thing I notice is that Band names starting with " The " are shown in other sections rather than under the letter [ T ].   For instance, a band called " The Baby's "  should be listed under letter [ T ]  not letter [  B ] 

Heres an example.

redwing

That's because MB defaults to use "The" for "ignore words" setting under Preferences> Tags (2), which means words entered in the box will be ignored for sorting. Most people find it useful to ignore "The" for artist sorting, but if you prefer the other way, simply remove the word from the setting.

kerryanna

That's because MB defaults to use "The" for "ignore words" setting under Preferences> Tags (2), which means words entered in the box will be ignored for sorting. Most people find it useful to ignore "The" for artist sorting, but if you prefer the other way, simply remove the word from the setting.

redwing, thank you so very much  :D  Cheers!

kerryanna

I guess i was wrong. Its been an 2 hours of me trying to figure out the album sorting issue here.  There are albums that all values are equal ( except track/song name ) and still MB splits and scatter the album as if it sees a double CD lp or something.  And to verify, I loaded the songs into Foobar2000 and foobar recognizes all songs and groups them into 1 album as intended.

http://photoload.ru/data/94/00/f1/9400f1513119748d16fc7ef2664f24c4.png

http://photoload.ru/data/f2/a3/8e/f2a38e81f6d7b0d52a35b6d70811c32c.png

http://photoload.ru/data/bc/e6/8f/bce68fda086d169fc730a45f5db59215.png

redwing

How many such cases do you have in your collection, split albums with the exactly same grouping tag values?

Try this for one album to see if it helps:
- Select all tracks in the album
- Open tag editor (shift+enter)
- Rewrite album name and album artist tag values, if those are your grouping setting.
- Save them all

kerryanna

How many such cases do you have in your collection, split albums with the exactly same grouping tag values?

Try this for one album to see if it helps:
- Select all tracks in the album
- Open tag editor (shift+enter)
- Rewrite album name and album artist tag values, if those are your grouping setting.
- Save them all

Yes that seems to be the only work around. The issue relates to your question as there are many cases like this in my collection.  The only solution I can think of off the top of my mind is being able to group albums by -> Directory.  I have the folders organized well and inside the folders are album covers as well.  If only MB would allow directory grouping i suppose.

redwing

Yes, you can select folder for grouping setting if you look at the setting that I mentioned earlier.

BTW occasionally I too saw such issues. Could be a corrupt file header or encoding issue, but I'd like Steven to look at this issue as other apps like foobar has no problem to recognize them as the same value.