Author Topic: Beginner Guide / Tutorial  (Read 39278 times)

redwing

Good! If you have an image file, you can open it with MS Paint or other image editors. With Paint, open the image and press Ctrl-A (select all) and Ctrl-C (copy), then the image will be copied to clipboard.

Tag editor can be docked at the bottom of the main panel or move around in floating window: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tagging#Tag_Editor

Withein71

is possible to "mark" an album within the album cover view?

i want to mark a few albums permanently so i can distinguish the marked ones much faster from the unmarked albums.

Withein71

and something else about the view.

i sorted my videos in groups. i want to have different views whithin the different groups.

example: movies (cover view), personal videos (detail view)

is this possible?

redwing

is possible to "mark" an album within the album cover view?

i want to mark a few albums permanently so i can distinguish the marked ones much faster from the unmarked albums.

Highlighting is not supported for artwork view. I saw a similar request on the wishlist board.

and something else about the view.

i sorted my videos in groups. i want to have different views whithin the different groups.

example: movies (cover view), personal videos (detail view)

is this possible?

I think your best shot for that would be creating two auto-playlists for each genre.

Withein71

ok. thanks.

there is a feature called "custom view", where you can browse a file with windows explorer and use your own customized view.
are there some plugins oder files to download or do i have to program it myself?

redwing

I don't know what you're referring to, but that's separate two features.

- Select file> right click> Search> Locate in Windows Explorer
- Configure layout button (next to search box)> Custom views> Copy current view settings to...

Withein71

the "new media" section is full of files i already have in my library. is there a way to automaticly delete duplicates? not just marking them. :/

redwing

You mean inbox?
Use Duplicate Manager (Tools> Manage Duplicates). But I don't think it's a good idea deleting them automatically even if that's possible because a duplicate might not be a real duplicate depending on how you define it with the tool. The tool works for files inside the selected node from left navigator. So you will need to import those tracks to your Music library for the tool to recognize them as duplicates of library files. If you think that's unnecessary, you could just delete them from inbox manually.

Withein71

i would just delete them but they show up every time i restart musicbee...

redwing

Are they grayed-out dead links with exclamation mark or real duplicate files? If they are real, where do they come from? Monitored folders?

Withein71

redwing

But why? How could the folder create duplicates after they were moved to your library?

Withein71