Author Topic: Beginner Guide / Tutorial  (Read 39288 times)

Withein71

yep, thats what i ment but i cant paste a picture by rightclicking on the cover of my "groups". there is a "paste cover" button but i cant klick on it because its not black.

sorry for that bad description but i really dont know how to describe it. its just a normal button but its not active. its kind of grey...

redwing

If the command is grayed out, that means your clipboard is empty. So copy an image first, then right click on the icon. Then you will see the command is enabled.

Withein71

i did. i tried it also with drag & drop.

a .jpeg image. maybe other?

i am using the portable version. maybe because of that?

redwing

Withein71

not exactly. there was none Icons folder, so i did create one. and then a "groups" subfolder...

Withein71

still not working. the musicbee installation didnt even had an icon folder. i had to create one.

and something else. how can i watch videos within musicbee. do i have to install codecs or plugin?
now i am using vlc media player as external.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
still not working. the musicbee installation didnt even had an icon folder. i had to create one.

As redwing advised you, you need to create a "Genres" sub-folder within the created "Icons" folder.
You then can put your "grouping" images into that "Genres" sub-folder.

The playing of videos within MB is currently not supported.  There is a plugin that allows you to queue them to an external player and then return to MB when playback is finished.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Withein71

thanks! it worked!

hmm... then is it possible to show the data (wikipedia, youtube, etc.) of the movie (.avi, .mkv, etc.) i just opened in the "currently playing" tab?

because when i click to start a movie. the vlc media player pops up, but musicbee doesnt change the "currently playing" status within mb. its like musicbee just ignores it.

redwing

Have a look at this thread. MB only supports organizing of video files: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11581.0

BTW what was the problem? Now paste artwork command works?

Withein71

no, paste artwork command still not working. i just renamed the picture file to "whatever the group name is". now its working just right. :)

redwing

It should work. Does it work for artist icons in thumbnail browser? How about in artwork view? If it doesn't work at all, tell me how you copy an image.

Withein71

it doesnt work with artist icons either but artwork view works fine.

i just copy the picture i want to \MusicBee\Icons\Genres and name it just like the group. and then i just restart musicbee.

Withein71

i dont even need to restart musicbee. just refresh and the cover is there.

something different... is it possible to edit the "play/views counter" by hand?

redwing

If the command is grayed out, that means your clipboard is empty. So copy an image first, then right click on the icon. Then you will see the command is enabled.

When I said "copy an image first", I meant something like right-click on an image from Chrome > "copy image".

Editing play count is possible only with tag editor in floating window. Also you can reset it using the command under Tools menu.
Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:35:20 AM by redwing

Withein71

yes, youre right. when i copy an image from a browser itw working! but copy & paste of an image within windows explorer doesnt work!

sorry i dont know what you mean with "floating window"?