Author Topic: Beginner Guide / Tutorial  (Read 39287 times)

Withein71

i'd like to have a full tutorial how to use every single ability of musicbee.

is there none? i couldn't find one

i am now trying for 3 hours to find a way to DON'T have a global sorting. example: i want the music sort by year but my videos to sort them genre.
its just impossible. every time i klick to change the sorting musicbee does it globally! :(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A full guide to MusicBee would be a huge undertaking.  The wiki is a start, but certainly hasn't covered everything yet.

For your question, you can use Custom Views to accomplish this.  It's under the Customize Layout menu by the searchbox/tabs.  You can set a view how you like, then save it.  When you look at the Video node, set it to that custom view and it should remain that way.  The Custom View will automatically remember changes you make once it's set.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Withein71

hey thanks for helping.

another question. how can i DELETE a library? is there some "library manager"?

redwing

i am now trying for 3 hours to find a way to DON'T have a global sorting. example: i want the music sort by year but my videos to sort them genre.
its just impossible. every time i klick to change the sorting musicbee does it globally! :(

I don't get how a settings for a specific node could be applied globally. Each node remembers its own layout and sorting set without using custom views. Can you post some screenshots to show how each node looks?

redwing

another question. how can i DELETE a library? is there some "library manager"?

You will need to remove the library folder using Windows Explorer. It's for safety purpose.

Withein71

i installed the portable version. are there any disadvantages?

Withein71

I don't get how a settings for a specific node could be applied globally. Each node remembers its own layout and sorting set without using custom views. Can you post some screenshots to show how each node looks?

there are no popups or something like that. a screenshot will only show you a video library that looks the same as the music library but with other media.

redwing

i installed the portable version. are there any disadvantages?

None.

there are no popups or something like that. a screenshot will only show you a video library that looks the same as the music library but with other media.

Still I don't get it. You mean if you're adding a column or changing a layout in Music node, Video node follows that? Are you using a custom view for the two nodes, or just any of the three general views?
Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:19:30 PM by redwing

Withein71

Withein71

problem solved. i just deleted and installed it new.

maybe something went wrong with the old installing.

redwing

OK, that sounds good.

BTW you can consult the wiki and the pdf guide linked on the wiki homepage. Searching in the forum will answer most of your questions.
Also have a look at various guides under How-To's board including this one: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.0

Withein71

thanks for the link. just one quick question.

mediamonkey had a skript that automaticly tags the song numbers. 1-10, 1-100 and so on.

does musicbee has such a script?

redwing

Use Tools> Tagging Tools> Renumber Tracks command.

Withein71

thanks.

sorry for asking so many question but heres another one.

i sorted in groups and use the cover-browser but the groups don't have any covers. can i somehow add them manually?