Author Topic: volume analysis doesn't always write album gain tags on albums  (Read 3914 times)

hiccup

In the process of applying volume normalization to albums, I found out afterwards sometimes MusicBee hadn't applied album gain at all. Only track gain. Even though it had concluded with 'volume analysis completed'.

The cause seems to be that an album is not recognized as such when the album artist field is empty.
In a lot of classical and compilation albums this field will be empty though.

So my wish is that for normalization an album is recognized as such by just it's album name, or else maybe have a check-box in the normalization panel to 'define as album on album title only'.

Pingaware

Try changing how an album is defined in Preferences>Sorting/Grouping
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

hiccup

I believe you are correct in that it follows that setting.
Yet I would argue that that setting is a global setting where you do want to specify how your collection is sorted and presented.

For normalizing it would probably be logical as default to follow that global setting, but it would be very convenient if you could overrule it with a simple check-box.
Currently you would have to have the consequences of this possible problem in the back of your head when normalizing, (you won't be warned if album gain was not applied) and go to configuration settings for a temporary adjustment, and afterwards change it back again.

Pingaware

For normalizing it would probably be logical as default to follow that global setting, but it would be very convenient if you could overrule it with a simple check-box.

I've not met the problem, but it seems like a logical enough suggestion. +1
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.