Author Topic: Cannot Figure Out "Search"  (Read 4730 times)

kerryanna

This is something driving me insane about musicbee. Every time i use the search feature within a playlist, nothing shows up at all. I type the artist name , song or album and nothing shows. Why is this ?  ??? ??? ???

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

Are you searching the whole library or only a single node? A screen shot of your search settings might be helpful here, and also of the item you're trying to search for in the playlist.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

kerryanna

"Are you searching the whole library or only a single node? "

Im unsure which search mode im using. Im fairly new to musicbee but I usually press Ctrl + F and the search panel appears.

Before : 

After :     

redwing

Did you import those tracks to your MB library or just use Windows Explorer to load a playlist?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Based on your screenshot you're searching the whole Library.  In which case, redwing's question would be mine, too, because if they were anywhere in your library they should be found.

BTW, to change search settings, you can use the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the main panel, where it says "search".
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

kerryanna

Did you import those tracks to your MB library or just use Windows Explorer to load a playlist?

I only used windows explorer. Basically dragged and drop the songs into the playlist.  Is that the wrong way to do it?

Based on your screenshot you're searching the whole Library.  In which case, redwing's question would be mine, too, because if they were anywhere in your library they should be found.

BTW, to change search settings, you can use the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the main panel, where it says "search".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I only used windows explorer. Basically dragged and drop the songs into the playlist.  Is that the wrong way to do it?

If you want to use search, yes.  If you drag & drop into the Music node they will be added to the library, and you can create playlists and search for items from them.  Or you can add everything to your library by using the Rescan/Add Files command, in the File menu.  Then, even if you create playlists from Windows Explorer, MusicBee will recognize the tracks when you search for them.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

kerryanna

I only used windows explorer. Basically dragged and drop the songs into the playlist.  Is that the wrong way to do it?

If you want to use search, yes.  If you drag & drop into the Music node they will be added to the library, and you can create playlists and search for items from them.  Or you can add everything to your library by using the Rescan/Add Files command, in the File menu.  Then, even if you create playlists from Windows Explorer, MusicBee will recognize the tracks when you search for them.

Thank you scampbll! Creating a library worked out perfect.  May I ask one last question about Musicbee layout?  I watched a video on youtube showing features of musicbee and was wondering how to achieve the same look from this screenshot.   The red box shows the youtube video and the green box shows my current layout.  What im trying to do is achieve the same look from the red box , replacing the look of the green box while keeping the Wave view at the very bottom.  Thank you so much

Large:  http://goo.gl/7ktkAS

Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:17:36 AM by kerryanna

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The red box shows the youtube video and the green box shows my current layout.  What im trying to do is achieve the same look from the red box , replacing the look of the green box while keeping the Wave view at the very bottom.  

The green box shows the new expanded artwork view.  To switch to the red view you need to go to Customize Panel Settings, which you can find in the menu at the top right (the nine little squares), and change "show tracks for selected album" from "directly under the selected album" to "at the bottom of the main panel" (and check "use track details" as well)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)