Author Topic: Windows Phone artwork  (Read 2322 times)

davindersangha

It's common knowledge that Windows Phone artwork is a general problem, with Windows Phone Sync, Windows Media Player and Xbox Music all struggling.

I find MusicBee to be the best. When artwork doesn't appear on the phone, I change the album name slightly, so "Hot Space" becomes "Hot Space (UK)" and then re-sync. The album cover then shows.

Problem is that I re-synced all my albums recently and cleaned up my phone. Subsequently, a lot of album covers are missing again. I don't want to have to manually change all the album names, so is there any way around this?

I've done other methods, such as mass changing tags such as genre to see if it "kicks" the album cover to life, but it doesn't. Any recommendations?

Alumni

Which options are you using to sync the artwork? to the phone?
You can either embed artwork in the file or copy the image to the album folder. Have you tried both?

davindersangha

Hi. I've tried Cover.jpg and embedded with mixed results. I'm using embedded and when I change an album name, and then send to Windows Phone, the artwork shows (I then have to delete the old album with no artwork).

Just wondering if there is a way of "kicking" the file into life so that it updates the album cover when sending to Windows Phone.

Alumni

Have you tried running a different music playback application on your phone? I'm not sure what else to suggest.