Author Topic: Podcast problem with 'Download all new episodes'  (Read 4147 times)

RichH

Hello,

My MusicBee is set to download all new episodes. My problem is that when I start the program it downloads every episode of every subscription I have. The first time it happened I let it download everything, as it was very time consuming trying to stop each download, then manually deleted the older ones. Then I set it to keep only the last ten episodes and assumed from then on only currently unreleased podcasts would download. However, the next time I started the program it began to download everything again.

I'm assuming I've set something up incorrectly but can't find what it is. Basically I want any future episodes to auto-download without all the old ones downloading. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of the podcast subscription detail (right click/ Edit Subscription) so someone can help you

RichH

Hopefully this works. No podcast has any custom rules. Thanks for the swift response.

Steven

• Administrator
from the look of your screenshot there does appear to be a bug. I will try and look at it tomorrow
What version of MB are you using?
Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:48:51 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I guess you might have initially had MB configured to keep all files so MB queued all the files, and then changed the setting to keep the last 10.
Doing that wont reset the files already queued and you should delete them from the download manager. Once its set to 10 and you have cleared the queue, the next time you restart MB it should only download up to 10 files, depending on whether the most recent 10 are already downloaded or not.
Also try v2.4 from the first topic on the forum

RichH

Hopefully that's it then, though I'm not sure it is as this has already happened twice. Anyway I'll give it a go and if it doesn't work I'll upgrade or re-install. Thanks again.

*edit* Is there no option to download all podcast episodes released in the future and keep them all, without downloading the entire podcast subscription history? If not, that would be a feature I'd 100% want and I'm sure lots of others would use it too.
Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:32:42 PM by RichH