Author Topic: Auto-Tag Genre Only  (Read 8275 times)

cartman005

Is there any way to Auto-Tag by Album and only update a single tag such as Genre? When I do this, even if I unselect everything else, it still updates the  Track Name. I would use the Auto-Tag by Track feature but it seems to use MusicBrainz as the tag provider regardless of my settings in Tags (2).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not at my computer, but there should be an option under Auto-tag by Track for "Update from last.fm cloud" that will do genre, and also mood, occasion, etc if you choose.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there any way to auto-tag the year for single tracks?  Something that would only search for track title and artist (ignoring the album title.)  I'm looking at about 1200 tracks (out of 12,000) that are still missing the year.  Manually searching Google for each one has got me seeing double after doing about 25.  Any suggestions?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Is there any way to auto-tag the year for single tracks?  Something that would only search for track title and artist (ignoring the album title.)  I'm looking at about 1200 tracks (out of 12,000) that are still missing the year.  Manually searching Google for each one has got me seeing double after doing about 25.  Any suggestions?

I'm just using Wikipedia for that. I found it more accurate, reliable and easy to use than any auto-tag info and some popular music db sites. If it's not there, then I have to look up other sites. Yes, it's a time-consuming task, naturally. For some songs, it's almost a research project.

phred

• Global Moderator

I'm just using Wikipedia for that. I found it more accurate, reliable and easy to use than any auto-tag info and some popular music db sites. If it's not there, then I have to look up other sites. Yes, it's a time-consuming task, naturally. For some songs, it's almost a research project.

Yes, most of the time Wikipedia is the first hit from Google.  So maybe that shows I should just go straight there.  Work through the 1200 tracks and then Google what Wikipedia doesn't provide.  Seems like I should put this project off until a long cold spell comes this winter.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

Yes, or you could do one album a week as I've been doing.

Pingaware

Or make a filter containing the albums (ensuring no forgetfulness) without year tags and do random short bursts.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

phred

• Global Moderator

Or make a filter containing the albums (ensuring no forgetfulness) without year tags and do random short bursts.

Awww ... you guys are taking all the fun out of this.  I want to attack all 1200 at once and kill a day or two (and my eyes) in one sitting.   :)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Pingaware

Awww ... you guys are taking all the fun out of this.  I want to attack all 1200 at once and kill a day or two (and my eyes) in one sitting.   :)

Yeah... I'd love to say I'd not done similar to that before. But, you know, that would be lying...
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

cartman005

I'm not at my computer, but there should be an option under Auto-tag by Track for "Update from last.fm cloud" that will do genre, and also mood, occasion, etc if you choose.

Thanks scambll. I ended using the last.fm tagging feature even though it is hit and miss compared to the Gracenote tagging that I was using with the Album Auto-Tagger. I used the filter genres list to make the results fairly reasonable.