Author Topic: A quick way to clear the 'specific fields' in search  (Read 4569 times)

Anti

Could we have a quick way to clear the selection of 'specific fields' in the search?
It seems that the only way to do it at the moment is to deselect each field individually.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Could we have a quick way to clear the selection of 'specific fields' in the search?
It seems that the only way to do it at the moment is to deselect each field individually.

Do you mean so that you can select different fields?  Selecting "Search All Fields" will have the same effect as clearing all the checked fields. (But if you want to select different fields you would have to unselect all the others first.)
Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:52:14 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Anti

> But if you want to select different fields you would have to unselect all the others first

That's what I mean.
I find it tedious to have to deselect fields one by one before I use the search.
It wouldn't be so bad if the menu stayed open whilst selecting/deselecting. But it closes after every selection!
Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:49:17 AM by Anti

redwing

+1

"Reset" or "Deselect All" menu item would be handy on the top of field list under "Search Specific Fields."

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
the quick way to clear the selection is to tick "All fields". I am changing the fields selector for the next version

Anti

Thanks for looking at this for the next version.

> the quick way to clear the selection is to tick "All fields"

I thought that might be the way to reset it, but when you re-choose Search Specific Fields -> 'activate', the current selection is not reset. The only way I've found to deselect the items in a 'specific search' is to do it one field at a time.

Personally I'd be content with deselecting one field at a time if the menu stayed open. But a one-click way of clearing the selection completely would also be useful.

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed all the field selector dialogs, including the search fields selector, but also the main panel fields selector and others to a window that stays open. It also has better scrolling for finding fields

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip